Libby Dreads

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Libby Dreads

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone tried these/ had success? Im tempted, but the price tag of 200 points in a pod makes me think a full 5 termies is more bang for your buck. The extra hood seems good (with GK these days) but you lose an attack, a melta gun, and psy missiles glance.

Curious what role they play in an army. The concept seems cool to try, but the elites spot is so contested in that book, hell I have yet to evn use the sternguard.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby DragonBait » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 pm

I play one with wings and shield, and use it in a hybrid shooty/doa list. It's always fun and seems to last a pretty good time. I've also seen the wings and +1d3 attacks power work ok too.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby tear of the angel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Why do you lose an attack? I haven't seen a ruling on this, and on army builder they get 3 attacks.
As far as what I use it for is shield, and blood lance in a pod, and have had mixed results. Depending on how far you role for the lance. I have also used the fear of darkness power, but with all the fearless armies out there it's situational.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am

You don't lose an attack with it. I would want to have it fly 12" around the table. I haven't had to much success with a regular Furioso as it tends to hit something, kill it, then eat cheap melta fire which is abundent. Also the prevalence of 5-man meq squads means whatever it hits is a smaller fraction of the enemy army.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Tactics (40K)