2K Dark Eldar for NOVA Open

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

2K Dark Eldar for NOVA Open

Postby Skrivus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:56 pm

I would appreciate some advice on the list as to what problems I may have against match ups in the mechanized meta games. . I'm aware that in general the army has a hard time standing toe to toe with many mechanized armies (BA, IG, SW, and GK), but I really don't think the codex can match them in a pure toe to toe slugging match.

With that in mind, I've made a mobile list that balances shooting with the ability to assault opportunistically.

[HQ]

(145) - Archon w/ huskblade, soul trap, combat drugs, shadowfield

(50) - Haemonculus

[Elite]

(146) - Trueborn - 3 models w/ 3x blasters - Venom w/ 2x splinter cannons

(146) - Trueborn - 3 models w/ 3x blasters - Venom w/ 2x splinter cannons

[Troops]

(95) - Wracks - 3 models- Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons

(125) - Warriors - 5 models.1 blaster - Venom w/ 2x splinter cannons

(211) - Wyches - 8 models total, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, hecatrix w/ agonizer - Raider w/ flickerfield, grisly trophies

(211) - Wyches - 8 models total, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, hecatrix w/ agonizer - Raider w/ flickerfield, grisly trophies

[Fast Attack]
(265) - Hellions - 15 models total, Helliarch w/ agonizer

[Heavy Support]
(115) - Ravager - 3x Dark Lances

(115) - Ravager - 3x Dark Lances

(165) - Razorwing Fighter - flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, 2x dark lances, 4x monoscythe missiles

Total - 2000 Points.
Kill Points - 20

I think my main issue will be with mechanized shooting armies, which consist of most of the recent codices. I'm not too worried about death star units because I think can move quickly enough to get away from them or use bait units to lure them away from the important objectives.

What do you guys think? Are there any glaring problems with the list?

I'm not expecting to win on paper every game, but I also don't wanna be caught bringing a knife to a gun-fight.
Skrivus

Postby Depayen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:24 pm

Mech will be hard but do able. Your hellions I bbelieve are your weakest unit for surivalablity.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Depayen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 pm

I was thinking remove the hellions add a 10 warrior squad on a raider with a dark lance. Take the remaining points and add them to the 5 man warrior squad in the venom and switch the venom to a raider again with a dark lance. Now you added two more dark lances for a little more punch and more warrior for firer power against infantry. Just a thought.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Skrivus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 pm

The plan was to start the haemonculus with the hellions to give the pain token, then the haemonculus hop into a venom or raider, whist the hellions move up, using the raiders and venoms for cover.
Skrivus

Return to Army Lists (40K)