Drummer Question

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Drummer Question

Postby Gartl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:42 pm

A rule came up during my game with Kyle and I want to make sure my interpretation is correct. Kyle had his drummer lay down to avoid missile fire. The following turn he wanted to sound the drum, get up and move 4.5", or half his drum move rate.

The rulebook states: "Whilst on the ground, a model does not have a control zone and is unable to charge an enemy, employ magical powers, shoot or do anything else except for moving as described below." It then talks about crawling and standing up and moving half.

Since the drum has to be sounded at the beginning of the movement my interpretation is that the drum cannot be sounded whilst the model is on the ground (which also makes little sense). Agree or disagree?
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Postby Smeagol » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Agree. The drum is sounded at the start of the turn before movement. So the drumer doesn't have a chance to move before sounding the drum.
Smeagol

Postby febber » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Ditto.
All-time LOTR Grand/National Tournament Record: 92-18-45 (W-L-D), 63 major victories
21 awards in 35 events inc. 5x Best Overall; 2x 2nd Overall (w/o Best General); 9x Best General
2007 National Circuit Champion
2008 National Circuit Champion
febber

Postby BrentS » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I agree, since the drummer has to sound at the beginning of the movement phase, I would rule that he could not sound the drum lying on the ground and then move half.
BrentS

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)