Getting in shape and suggestion

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Getting in shape and suggestion

Postby allen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm

I think that if we spend just as much time at the gym as we do painting and gaming we all can live longer.
Change some of your eating habits. Have a salad with no dressing, eat real nuts from the produce section instead of the snack section, drink diet mountain dew, or better yet, eliminate the sodas and junk food from the diet. Have an apple instead of a candy bar. It's ok to eat crap on Saturday but not every day.
I think that three to four times a week we should workout first, then hobby. We all can stay in shape and paint our miniatures as well..

I'm sure that the organizers of Adepticon are reading this so I have a suggestion: have a 5k charity run on the Friday morning before we play our games. For example, the run can start at 7am and charge us $30 for that money to go to charity. That way, we can support a charity and get a workout before we play our games and overindulge on the "good stuff" in life.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby seahawk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 am

Wait, you mean you did not appreciate the fact that many gamers over the weekend resembled FW's Great Unclean One? :P (even better was when they were using said model and looked exactly the same when sitting down...I got a picture of one of those!)

Egads I'm happy I'm in shape, though there were some spaces even I had trouble getting through. I think a necessity even before staying in shape is staying clean. Washed. At least deodorized! I've been around some large people that were rather pleasant smelling...and of course many that were not.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Huoshini » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 am

I agree with all the above :P
G.R.A.M.P.A
AdeptusBrewCityJoe wrote:Yeah I guess you are right.

"When you're in the garage, Bring out the damn dinosaurs!" -Phil Kelly

Lord Sportsman: Adepticon 2010
Huoshini

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am

Shit I would do a 5k run for charity, I think that could be a great idea if the right work was put into it.
Crumpsky

Postby AgeOfEgos » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am

You certainly have great intentions behind this and I heartily endorse anyone suggesting exercise.

However, starting a 5k run at 7:00 AM---and charging gamers 30 bucks to run---will likely have low attendance.

/Wipes cheeto stains off fingers on shirt and sips coke
AgeOfEgos

Postby muwhe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 am

Watching a bit of Food Network ..

Maybe we need Jaime Oliver at AdeptiCon -

http://www.jamieoliver.com/foundation/j ... evolution/ :shock:
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby lordnurgle » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 pm

I made it to the gym at the hotel twice during the weekend to workout. anyone that wants to join me next year is more than welcome. maybe we can have a workout club next year
lordnurgle

Return to AdeptiCon 2011