"Bitz" Trading

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

"Bitz" Trading

Postby Private Jackson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 pm

This is my first Adepticon and it's a bit of a haul from where I'm at in Iowa to Chicago, so I want to make sure I've got my ducks in a row here.

I see that there is time set aside for bitz trading on Saturday night, when I'll be staying over. I don't have many bitz I'd feel like parting with, but I have a number of rulebooks, Black Library novels and a collection of Star Wars Rebel Storm miniatures I'd like to try to unload. Can someone explain to me the layout of the the trading? Am I going to feel like/look like/be a jack-ass for showing up with a "small shop" of odds and ends and taking up 10x the space while everyone else will just have a small pile of bits?
Private Jackson

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Not at all. People wheel and deal all sorts of stuff. We basically clear out a few rows of tables in the Grand Ballroom after the large 40K events wrap up and people just throw their stuff down somewhere and start selling/trading. You'll find all sorts of stuff there. Granted most of it will be miniature wargaming related, but I have sold boardgames, books an like in the past.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Private Jackson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Matthias!

So, with that in mind, I'm guessing the wisest thing for me to do would be to inventory everything up and post it up on here, that way people can speak up ahead of time if they want something.
Private Jackson

Postby EldarCorsair » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:37 am

Private Jackson wrote:So, with that in mind, I'm guessing the wisest thing for me to do would be to inventory everything up and post it up on here, that way people can speak up ahead of time if they want something.

You don't have to. Part of the fun of bitz trading are the surprises.
EldarCorsair

Postby ejr1216 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 pm

This will also be my first visit to Adepticon and I have some boxes of sealed oop warhammer items, Am I allowed to sell these? Or is this Trade only?
ejr1216

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:17 pm

that's perfectly fine. whacha got?
Lordgoober

Postby lordnurgle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:20 pm

I will be bringing my old school orc and goblin army to trade for SM/BA or sell.

A couple of sets of the orc and goblin half of the last starter set, some metal spider riders, marauder giant, lots of old night goblins, Limited edition fanatics, converted NG chariots and doom divers. a couple scorpians, orcs and more
lordnurgle

Postby DennisJ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

I've got a bunch of old epic from stuff from the titan/space marine days I'm bringing. Also some old odd ball stuff, umber hulk, ordo malluas terms, dragon orges, chaos familars, even some old gorka morka stuff I found laying around.

So if you're interested, swing by and ask for Dennis.
DennisJ

Some of what I have.

Postby Depayen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Some of what Ihave.

Tau , hammerheads, devil fish, kroot, crisis suit etc.....
Thousand Sons,
Ultra-marines ,
White Dwarves
Baskalisk (sp)
Predators in box (2)
empire militia
some empire items
and bitz.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 pm

i went through all my stuff as i have played with and tested differnt things and now they sit on the shelf or in a box. Do you guys think it OK to bring all my old D&D books to sell? i have lots of 1st ed all the way up to today's I didnt want to lug out cases of old mint condition books to have to drag them back again.

See you all there.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Return to AdeptiCon 2011