Battletecch Grinder?

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Battletecch Grinder?

Postby Oni » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:09 am

Is the battletech grinder basically a demo event? Open play?

I'm interested in some mech action but no idea what to bring or the size of a force needed etc.

Anyone have clarification?
User avatar
Oni
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Downers Grove IL

Postby RichN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 am

You may what the Saturday event: Kathil: March 3065 for open play.
http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2011/2 ... pdf#page=4

Battletech Grinder
[Friday: 6:00PM – 10:00PM, Saturday: 10:00AM – 10:00PM, Sunday: 10:00AM – 4:00PM]
The Battletech Grinder will teach all the basic rules of Battletech found in the core rulebook, Total Warfare. No experience is needed to learn or play. Bootcamp runs all of Saturday and Sunday – play at the ticketed hour or drop in at any time.

Battletech – Kathil: March 3065
[Saturday: 10:00AM – 7:00PM]
The fight for Kathil has been raging for nearly two-and-a-half years. Both the Allies and the Loyalists have thrown units into the fight only to see this proverbial meat grinder chew them up. But as the Federated Commonwealth Civil War crests, the tide of reinforcements has run dry. Now it is time for one side to make the move that will secure this pivotal factory world for their faction. Will the Allies of Victor claim it for the side of freedom from tyranny or will the Loyalists of Katherine restore justice, honor, and the Federated Commonwealth upon Kathil's back?
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
User avatar
RichN
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Darien IL

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm

All the minis for the Grinder and the Kathil game are being supplied by the runners of the event.

Grinder is essentially a demo style event where each player will be given a mech from a pack of mechs that is in a standardized pack (and no the mechs aren't completely balanced to make it even) and when the mech dies you can grab another mech and come back in.

The Kathil game is a large multiplayer scenario which will be going on all day.
Lordgoober
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Postby EldarCorsair » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll be playing since I'm not eligible for the Malifaux tournie. What sorts of Mechs are available? I'd like to try out a Battlemaster or Commando, if possible
Image
User avatar
EldarCorsair
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Woodstock

Postby RichN » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm

EldarCorsair wrote:I'll be playing since I'm not eligible for the Malifaux tournie. What sorts of Mechs are available? I'd like to try out a Battlemaster or Commando, if possible


Not eligible? I was not aware of any eligibility requirements for the Malifaux events.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
User avatar
RichN
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Darien IL

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:21 pm

I think he got caught by surprise by a "no proxy models" clause in the Malifaux rules pack. I'm pming the battletech commando running the battletech events to get some info for you Eldarcorsair.
Lordgoober
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Postby EldarCorsair » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am

RichN wrote:
EldarCorsair wrote:I'll be playing since I'm not eligible for the Malifaux tournie. What sorts of Mechs are available? I'd like to try out a Battlemaster or Commando, if possible


Not eligible? I was not aware of any eligibility requirements for the Malifaux events.


What Lordgoober said. When I registered there was no restrictions against proxies and I didn't catch it in the rules in November, only until the organizer emailed everyone last week that I was made aware of it. :roll: Well, guess I have an entry in the painting comp....

Thanks for checking, Lordgoober. If not, no big deal.
Image
User avatar
EldarCorsair
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Woodstock

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Alex said there's a large mix of mechs in the grinder of all weight classes and mostly in the introductory tech level. I wouldn't be surprised to see a commando or a battlemaster there. The big game is IIRC a Fed Com civil war battle so its going to be an interesting game.
Lordgoober
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Postby Matthias » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 am

Just for clarity: The No Proxies rule was in the Malifaux rough draft rules going all the way back to November. Here are the original PDFs as posted (save the 1st bullet point being temporally updated to link to the new GG doc before I got it formatted):

http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/2011malifaux35ss.pdf
http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/2011malifaux40ss.pdf

When the Gaining Ground rules were finally released by Wyrd, the rules packet was expanded upon and an email was sent to inform all registered players.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
User avatar
Matthias
Techpriest
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby EldarCorsair » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Matthias wrote:Just for clarity: The No Proxies rule was in the Malifaux rough draft rules going all the way back to November. Here are the original PDFs as posted (save the 1st bullet point being temporally updated to link to the new GG doc before I got it formatted):

http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/2011malifaux35ss.pdf
http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/2011malifaux40ss.pdf

When the Gaining Ground rules were finally released by Wyrd, the rules packet was expanded upon and an email was sent to inform all registered players.


Not to make a big deal about it but, IIRC, when I registered in October, there were no rules prohibiting proxies and, as I mentioned above, I missed in in the November release.

At this point, it's irrelevant. Just sort of baffling in a rules system that (until the GG was released) actively encouraged proxy modeling.
Image
User avatar
EldarCorsair
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Woodstock


Return to AdeptiCon 2011

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron