AdeptiCon 2011 40K Team Tournament Primer [Feb. 12th]

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Elthniar wrote:So in other words, we went BAALS DEEP!

Just the primer my friend. Just the primer. You wait until Adepticon and you see Tyranids winning it all ;)

The bugs cannot be beaten. :x
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby tmalave » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Sure, if they can take it DEEP, which; from what I gather bugs can take it DEEP all night long, right?

The only thing the bugs are going to take is a BIG DEEP #%^*?"L@$%&^%)( in the kister! Other than that, I agree with the guys we're going BAAL'S DEEP in Team and Championships.

And for all you people that complain about Space Wolves & easy button, well, I'm just going to say, TAKE IT DEEPER! Especially DE, I have a very big surprise, quick hint, always in 3's!

Fenris is going BAAL'S DEEP!

For the Wolf King and the All Father!

Thunder, Thunder, Thunderwolves!, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
tmalave

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 am

Hold on there Malave you might go Balls deep with your space wolfs but only one army can go BAALS deep and thats blood angels.

We on Baal's deep hope you go Balls deep with your wolfs at the adepticon championships but we are not fans of that easy button army you have over there friend. Your true test comes next year with Dark Eldar.

As for BrewCityJoe your not gonna be able to compete with Baals deep with sunglasses on and a song playing in your ear...your gonna have to pay attention to the game and not dress like your coming to the world series of poker. 8)

The only reason Baals deep 1 didn't score so high is because we had to pick up a ringer for round three and game two against Team Handsome is no joke they are good players. After game one Baals Deep 1 and 2 where top table.

So make sure you prepare your Bugs good and prepare yourself for some mental chess because at Adepticon our Lameters are gonna rewrite history if we see your team on the table- top.

Alan Bajramovic
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby brendan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't know alan we lost to the nids in round three.

Brendan
brendan

Postby n00bzilla99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm hearing lots of smack-talk coming from Baal's deep, but you remember that we were also at the top tables in Round 3. :)

I don't know alan we lost to the nids in round three.

This. That was a hard fought game no doubt, and there were some incredible rolls on my teams part, but we brought a small victory to the bugs.

As for BrewCityJoe your not gonna be able to compete with Baals deep with sunglasses on and a song playing in your ear...your gonna have to pay attention to the game and not dress like your coming to the world series of poker.

Don't hate on the style, I look better than some people dream they could. ;) Plus the poker style really psyches out the opponents because they can't read what your thinking through eye movement (hence the reason why poker pros wear sunglasses) and it makes it even harder for our opponents :P Not like we need it. Bugs are gonna steam-roll you all!

So make sure you prepare your Bugs good and prepare yourself for some mental chess because at Adepticon our Lameters are gonna rewrite history if we see your team on the table- top.

See you at the top my friend, but just remember who won The GBU against Angels, Wolves and Chaos with bugs ;)

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 am

Sounds like your fairly confident in that team of yours and fragile bugs.

I smell a friendly wager.

How about we make a little bet?

The team that places higher at the Adepticon team tournament this year in overall standings gets the right to Name the loosing team for Adepticon 2012 and all of your spirit points such as shirts, banners, or anything you do for spirit must have your assigned team name on it.

So if we loose you can name our team next year and if you loose we get to name your team next year.

We on Baal's Deep promise to keep the name appropriate for you guys next year after we win.

Do we have a deal? Or did the bugs get scared?

Alan
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

YeezyMozart

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 am

Alan,

While I am fairly confident in my team's abilities and lists. I am not in the position to make such a wager.

Willing to make a different wager though, rather than one that affects the other team.

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 pm

I understand you are not in the position to make that call.

Consult with your team anyway it would be a friendly wager nothing too bad for next year.

Anyway glad to see you guys are so spirited and we on Baals deep wish you the best showing this year. . hopefully right under us on the roster just like the primer results.

:o

Good luck

See ya in 40ish days

Alan

YeezyMozart

Postby n00bzilla99 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:59 am

Consult with your team anyway it would be a friendly wager nothing too bad for next year.

I will see what they think.

Good luck to you as well, hope to see a beautiful army across from me at Table 1 round 4. :)

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:14 pm

:lol: Elthinair and b-rad the way you 2 were positing your smack talk makes me think you 2 need to just kiss and get it over with :) :shock: :lol: .

I like your bet Idea but there is no way i can get my team to agree to a wager like that. Besides i know that there is no way you will want to play next years as Pus Bag's little b***chs :).

I think you would quit before that ever happened.

Still i like seeing the banter back and forth and congrats for winning the test primer game :).
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby DragonBait » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Have you met my teammates? No way I'd ever make a wager like that...hahaha
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

moonshadow13 wrote:Elthinair and b-rad the way you 2 were positing your smack talk makes me think you 2 need to just kiss and get it over with .

I bet you would like that wouldn't you? Sick #@$% :roll:

moonshadow13 wrote:I like your bet Idea but there is no way i can get my team to agree to a wager like that. Besides i know that there is no way you will want to play next years as Pus Bag's little b***chs .

First off that wouldn't happen but i would be fine with that name since it's still gonna come before yours on the results sheet anyway making you and your team even bigger Pus Bag's little b***chs. :shock:

The only reason I mentioned this bet was because they said they would steam role everyone. Well if they are that confident they should have no problem with the bet. I never said that Baals deep will rape everyone I just said we did rape everyone at the primer that doesn't mean we will do it at Adepticon I just have faith in my team.

I don't know if I would be so quick to make that bet against say the Toledo boys or Greg Sparks 5 not sure what their team name is this year. Or any other team that historically places very high.

Aeptus Brew city Ballers came in like 40th last year and we came in 4th, they are playing Nids, which could be rough for them in some draws. I thought it was not only smart but in our favor.

I can honestly care less what we are called as long as we are called during the award ceremony is happening. I would have made any name work doesn't matter what it was. So in all honesty i would be wiling to extend that bet to ANY TEAM if they wanted too do it. But of course there are a lot of teams out there that would make me nervous.

I figure my house burnt down just before Christmas, so i have some good luck due. And let me tell you that luck has been coming !

YeezyMozart

Postby n00bzilla99 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 pm

B-Rad wrote:The only reason I mentioned this bet was because they said they would steam role everyone. Well if they are that confident they should have no problem with the bet. I never said that Baals deep will rape everyone I just said we did rape everyone at the primer that doesn't mean we will do it at Adepticon I just have faith in my team.

[...]

Aeptus Brew city Ballers came in like 40th last year and we came in 4th, they are playing Nids, which could be rough for them in some draws. I thought it was not only smart but in our favor.

Yes, we did. But in our defense, 2 of us have no experience playing Marines at all. I on the other hand have made Tyranids my primary army and have excelled with them, with fairly similar builds. In the primer, there were things I noted with my lists and adaptions will happen to suit my playing style, making the bugs even better.

Of course, you can't win without confidence so all this smack-talk? It's the best confidence I can have.

As for faith in my team: I have a ton because 3 of us have won tournaments on our own and in different categories so we three are very experienced with all sorts of lists. The last guy is a very competent player but he sometimes is prone to thinking in a small box that needs nudging out of. We have the skill to win in my opinion and I think with minor tweaks the lists will match the skill, which is why I am so confident. :D

Will we finish at the top? It's a mystery to be found out.

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2011