Open Gaming?

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Open Gaming?

Postby DragonBait » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

I plan on attending all three days but only have a events for two of the days. I don't recall last year, but are there any areas for just casual games to kill some of the down time?
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby EldarCorsair » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 am

There are generally tables right outside the main hall, along the windows, but they fill up pretty fast. There's also open tables in the hallway leading to the second ballroom and there are, from time to time, tables open in the Open Gaming room as well.
EldarCorsair

Postby RichN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

Last year there was a room set up for combat patrol and youngbloods which a lot of folks used for pick up games. I'm not sure if that space will be set up the same way this year, or if those games will be moved to the main ball room.

Best option is to look by the junior ball room where Fantasy Battle and Open gaming are located. Depending on the day, there should be some overflow tables open. Should also be enough terrain in the area to build out a few extra 40K tables.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby DragonBait » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks guys, I shall indeed keep an eye out. I'd like to play a game or two with the Necrons but they aren't a tourney army for me this year.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby seahawk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

If I'm ever not busy, you and I can kick it Friz. I'll bring something to play with. Another question: do open gaming armies need to be full painted? Or can I get away with almost done/some paint/primered models
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby RichN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Play with what you want. Other than respecting the table/terrain, there is no other requirement. Last year we had people playing all around the jr ball room. All sorts of games too, saw a few RPGs being played and a number of not GW miniatures games too.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Huoshini » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

I usually get most of my open gaming done on thursday. The main hall is usually open late that night
G.R.A.M.P.A
AdeptusBrewCityJoe wrote:Yeah I guess you are right.

"When you're in the garage, Bring out the damn dinosaurs!" -Phil Kelly

Lord Sportsman: Adepticon 2010
Huoshini

Return to AdeptiCon 2011