How specific is WYSIWYG

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

How specific is WYSIWYG

Postby bcompdude » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 pm

I have a 'counts as Calgar' model with two thunderhammers and two dreadnaught heavy-flamers on his arms. While these are not powerfists and storm bolters...can I not use him because of that?

He is supposed to be Tushan of the Salamanders, hence the Thunderhammers and flamers.

I looked at the model policy but it said inquiries need to have been submitted by 2/1. Doh.
bcompdude

Postby Arander » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Do you have any other thunderhammers in your list? If so, you're going to run into problems. You can't have say a squad of terminators armed with thunderhammers use them as thunderhammers, and then have your 'calgar' who also 'appears' to be armed with thunderhammers have them count as powerfists.

The same goes for if you have heavy flamers or stormbolters scattered throughout your army. Anytime you have a piece of wargear that counts as different wargear on different models, you will run into some trouble.
Arander

Postby bcompdude » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 pm

That makes total sense. I am remaking him. Here is another question: I wish to make an Honor Guard squad using the cool new Forgeworld space marine armour.

Now Honor Guard are equipped with:

*Artificer Armour
*Power Weapon
*Frag and Krak Grenades
*Boltgun
*Bolt Pistol

Since they ALWAYS have all of those options, can I just show one? The bolters for instance?

Thanks again!
bcompdude

Postby seahawk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Yea, WYSIWYG for honor guard means you only have to have one or the other (or none even, if you want a two handed power weapon for some reason). It's the same as Chaos Space Marines.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Matthias » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm

On Dev Blog:

Does WYSIWYG extend to compulsory equipment? For example, do Chaos Marine players need to represent a bolter, a bolt pistol, and a close combat weapon on their standard Chaos Marines, as they come equipped as such? Or is compulsory equipment assumed?

The main compulsory/special weapon should be modeled. In the example you gave, the Bolter should be modeled. The Bolt Pistol/Close Combat Weapon are options, but assumed. Of course you are free to model any additional compulsory/purchased equipment on the models if you so wish.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Return to AdeptiCon 2011