Stupor Bowl III, March 27-28, 2010, Adepticon!!!

The 10-yard fight with Orks!

Stupor Bowl III, March 27-28, 2010, Adepticon!!!

Postby valdric » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

The rules for Stupor Bowl III haven't changed much from the previous two (why fix what ain't broken???). You can download a copy of them here:

http://www.adepticon.org/10rules/stuporbowl3.pdf

There are a few changes from last year:

1. The awards ceremony will be just the Bloodbowlers, so you can pick up your prizes right then and there.

2. The miniature is the great "Sourness" Salter Painton. I've seen prototype art for him and he's great! I'll show artwork as soon as I get permission from the artist.

3. The Swag bag - there is a guarantee that your swag bag will have everything that is promised, but only if you pre-register for Adepticon. If you don't, then it is first come, first served. The bags will contain books from black library, an Avatar of War figure, and lots of other goodies!

4. Adepticon is no longer a GW-only tournament series. New events include Privateer Press games, Flames of War, Warhammer Ancients, Space Hulk, and many others! The painting competitions have been expanded as well (be sure you check these out in your free time, I'm always blown away by the paint jobs at Adepticon)

Stupor Bowl III is still a two-day, six-game tournament with three games each day. It will still have prizes for winners of each day (so if you want to participate in another event or, better yet, a hobby seminar), you are more than welcome to do so and still get some blood bowl in. I should point out that the hobby seminars have been greatly expanded this year, so be sure to check them out... The dealers' room has also been greatly expanded as well

Stupor Bowl III allows non-GW figures, as long as the positional players are clearly identified, so feel free to bring the Impact, RollJordan, Shadowforge, etc. teams!

Stupor Bowl III will be using LRB 6.0 (assuming it is out by then :wink: ) Team generation will be with all 21 teams in the rule book and the three expansion teams (Chaos Pact, Slann, Underworld). Your team will be built on 1,100K (w/out skills) and you get to choose between three skill upgrades. All of this is detailed within the rules pack.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
valdric

Postby knitemare » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm happy to say that I have signed up for Saturday! I'm excited to play!
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby valdric » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm

we'll be looking for you! btw, do you know that there's a Blood Bowl league that meets at the Bunker? Ask me about it if you're interested
valdric

Blood bowl at 2011 a-con?

Postby appleton_cop » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:53 am

New to the BB scene but am loving it.

Is the tradition of gaming BB going to continue this year? with the 40k championship on friday is there any consideration for the stupor bowl to be held on Sunday??
Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, Sometimes it Rains, Think about that for a while....

Nuke: Bull Durham
appleton_cop

Postby Matthias » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:36 am

Stupor Bowl IV is on Saturday and Sunday. Like previous years, you can play on just one or both days.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby appleton_cop » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Is there pre-reg? or sign up when you get there??
Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, Sometimes it Rains, Think about that for a while....

appleton_cop

Postby muwhe » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 pm

The Blood Bowl event is in the webcart.

Here is a link to the Sunday Only listing:

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?mai ... cts_id=302
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby JonnyP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 pm

I've signed up already and can't wait to crush some 'eadz! :D

And maybe try to score a Touchdown. Just 1.
JonnyP

Postby appleton_cop » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:58 pm

In on Sunday..... any blood bowlers gonna be around on thursday night?? Getting in early from Wis but not doing the 40k boot camp.

Any takers let me know as it gets closer... :

appleton_cop

Return to Blood Bowl