Lord of the Rings & KIllzone Draft Rules!

AdeptiCon 2011 will be held April 1st - 3rd, 2011 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Postby getupandgo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:22 pm

b. smoove wrote:@ Equinox. Thanks for asking. There will be a series of awards on the day, but we are working on ways to keep these awards outside standard parameters. More on that soon.

I just signed up, and I'd love to know if there are awards for modeling/painting...
getupandgo

Postby JonnyP » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:33 pm

I can't wait to form an alliance, just so I can turn on them later in the game.

Questions:

Are you allowing the Specialized Team Member wargear on page 9 of the Kill Team beta rules?

Also, are you allowing Themes to be purchased?
JonnyP

Postby b. smoove » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 pm

@ getupandgo. Absolutely; however, we are still working out the details.

@ JonnyP. That's the spirit we're looking for. To answer your questions:
Yes. Though be sure to keep an eye on the Beta document as it evolves. Several of those Wargear items are quite likely to change in price and/or function.

The Themes idea is still percolating a bit, but I suspect that the answer is yes. Again, the Beta revisions will be important here.

Thanks for your questions and comments. I'm already looking forward to it.
Cheers.
B.
b. smoove

Postby getupandgo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:20 pm

I have a couple of questions about Killzone.

Are reserves allowed?

Are all models considered independent characters?

Is there a force org chart?

If a codex says that you can purchase x amount of weapons for ever x number of models, how is that covered?

For example, if a codex states that I have to have 3 models for every melta gun (in a jump infantry squad for example, which are limited to 2), Would I still be required to purchase all 6 models to be able to buy 2 meltas, or would the standard codex rules be waved based on the limit of 4 special weapons per team?
getupandgo

Postby Xtreme » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 am

I have a couple of questions/clarifications.

So am I understanding it correctly that you have 225points for your list plus an extra 25 that can ONLY be spent on the upgrades.

Or can you use 250 points and take no upgrades.

I'm also looking at bringing a 'swift as the wind' list. Will the 10points I pay for that come out of hte 225, or the additional 25?
Xtreme

Postby JonnyP » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 am

I know there was some talk about an updated set of rules. Would it be possible for a PDF of these rules be emailed directly to anyone who is signed up for Kill Team?
JonnyP

Postby b. smoove » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

@ Xtreme: Thanks for the note. Sorry if there is some confusion on this point. The points total is 250, but you may spend that as you like. You need not take upgrades if you don't want to, but I tend to feel that doing so is a wasted opportunity. As such, that 10 points comes from the only total that matters, 250. Please see the rulebook for any/all the other restrictions with regard to the combination of upgrades, etc.

@ Jonny P: I'd be happy to send it directly to you regardless. Otherwise, you can find it on Big Jim's site (also free) Galaxy in Flames:
http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/

You can find the rules as they are and will be here:
http://www.box.net/shared/s8gq48dnkb

If you specifically would prefer that I email you, please contact me at gentlemanones@gmail

Cheers.
b. smoove

Postby JonnyP » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 pm

B. Smooth....I'm all set with that link. Thanks!
JonnyP

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2011