Warmaster Ancients: Who's planning what?

Warmaster is a game of conflict on a grand scale set in the Warhammer world. Control mighty armies, thousands strong, backed by huge batteries of devastating war machines and led by the most valiant heroes of the age.

Warmaster Ancients: Who's planning what?

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun May 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Title says it all, really. I know several are planning WMA armies, but I'm not sure what armies are "taken". Looking through the Baccus range (haven't gotten further yet) and the only periods that really click at all are Roman, Greek, and possibly Samauri.

Also, 6mm is the planned scale, correct?
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby RichN » Sun May 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Regular warmaster is 10mm rather than 6mm- I would think WMA would be the same. Suppose it does not matter if you have it based the same.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Scale doesn't matter as long as your bases are correct. A number of us are doing 10's, some are doing 6. I'm gonna do both - I got the 10's as a gift, but we are doing 6's to save money. I'm doing early imperial Romans which in 6's will cost about $50 for 1000pts. Jim's doing Germans and Dave's doing Britons in 6's.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun May 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Gah! The Early Imperials were the ones I was most interested in, models wise. May not matter; I don't really have the change right now anyway. Soon, maybe...

10s vs 6 should look cool; the attack of the pygmy Romans, RAWR!
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun May 30, 2010 6:54 pm

You can still do early imperial Romans. I could use an ally and it's not like there weren't civil wars in Rome.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Lordgoober » Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 pm

If you went Early Imperials in 6mm Nat, that would give me the perfect reason to pick up the Carthaginians I was thinking about doing for the 6mm. I've got Parthians at the 10mm scale.
Lordgoober

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun May 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Keep in mind I'm being mostly hypothetical at this point. I have to see how my IJN progresses and what I need before I start another army/system. I'd love to dive in, but the money's not there right now.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 am

Carthaginians are more for Republican Rome, which in 6mm doesn't mean I can't get them as well. I was actually thinking of doing all three especially if we keep it to 1000pt armies. We'll just have to see who's all interested in joining us in this. Warmaster Ancients is the best version of Warmaster out there and is a butt ton of fun to play.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Mon May 31, 2010 12:07 pm

What brand of figs are you thinking, guys? I'm looking at Baccus right now, but if you know of any other good 6mm historicals, I'm interested in looking.

I'd do Naps, but apparently everyone dressed like a nitwit.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Mon May 31, 2010 1:47 pm

We were looking at Baccus6mm too. Going to get the figs from Scale Creep mini out of OH. Closer to home to save money on shipping. You get whatever army you want and are interested in. Helps get the painting done.

The 6mm size is for cost. The basing will be the same so we wont have to change ground scale. As an added bonus it will look even more grand at that scale. Got to love the smaller scale.

Rob and I have also tossed around doing War of the Roses in the same scale. Baccus does figures for that too.

If you are interested in Naps I am awaiting the rules for Lasalle. It is divisional level game set. Baccus does some 6mm stuff for the era also. The game can be based and used in 6mm too. Imagane the beuty of that. It would look awesome.

All these projects are on a slow burner right now, I hope to get most of them at least started by the end of the year at the latest. Starting with the WMA first though. Any questions let me know.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Mon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Scale Creep may save time, but not money.

Based on the exchange rate and Baccus' 25% International shipping charge, for Roman Legionairies I get GBP4.26x1.45x1.25=$7.22 from Baccus. Scale Creep are $8.75 before shipping.

Just FYI.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Return to Warmaster