Prize before the big weekend?

AdeptiCon 2010 will be held March 26th-28th, 2010 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Prize before the big weekend?

Postby YeezyMozart » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:30 am

Well with the big weekend we have all been waiting for right around the corner I was wondering who deserves the biggest procrastination award for the year. I my self have tons to get done but most of it revolves around the 40k team tourney display board.

I have a friend that probably has over 25 orks to paint in the next few days. I met a guy a local GW and he still hasn’t started on his necron warriors but took 4 weeks on the bases for his army. He claims he will have the warriors done in a day 30 of them!! I mean I know they are Necrons but that is procrastination.

So for the last cram week what do you guys still have to get done.

Lets see who is the bet procrastinator for Adepticon 2010!!
YeezyMozart

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:21 pm

I had to paint a warhound titan and didn't start until march 1 or so. I got it done quickly, it's an armorcast.
Brian

Postby Elthniar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Alan,

I don't think I told you specifically what I had to get done when I saw you last week, but here is the current list:

Eldar
Autarch
Eldrad
3 Wave Serpents
2 Falcons
Night Spinner
15 Dire Avengers
5 Rangers
3 Jetbikes

Orks
Big Mek
8 Nobz
9 Bikes
12 Boyz
2 Trukks

I also have to base all said models and build my display board. I will not be attending class or doing homework this week. Do I get a prize for this, or is someone else worse off? To be honest, I shouldn't even be on the internet right now, so back to painting!
Elthniar

Postby Hero Jones » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 pm

I think ^^^^^^^^^ he wins. My team is basing our models. I have an Inquisitor and Land Raider to do. We are still getting our display bases together. Need to get foam inserts for our transporting of troops.

Good thing I took a semester off...now if only the 40+ hours of work could be avoided and still get paid. :D

HJ
Hero Jones

Postby Blackmoor » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

I finally settled on my lists last night, and today (Sunday 3/21) I had to drive around to 3 game stores to buy $150 worth of stuff that I have this week to work on.
Blackmoor

Postby Redbeard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

You've actually settled on your list already? I haven't even decided what army to play.

I started painting some new models last weekend, in case I wanted to go a certain way. Got 2500 points worth finished (while working full time too) since then - and now I'm not even convinced that's the right army to play.

I hate ADD.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm

While not playing in any events - all the pre-con work is easily a 5-6 hour a day job for a few months. On top of that I have been building a demo table for a skirmish game I have been working on. 3 roof sections to go and it will be at that 'good enough' stage.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby moonshadow13 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Lets see here:

Between my wife giving me baby duty so she can "do house work" I managed to do some painting. Most of the time i can get painting done from 9 PM to 12 midnight during the week to get up at 4:45 and put in 12 to 14 hours between travel time and working hours.

Just completed some eldar vehicles to the point where they look nice for judging but not overly done to where i want them.

Still have 2 more i am working on and will hopefully have done.

My wife just accidentally crushed 6 months of display building (been working on it slowly in stages) for my eldar weygate. She was not paying attention and walked into my office to drop a large basket of clean laundry for me to help her with right on top of the intricately carved and sanded 1/2" foam outter webing arches.

I would take pictures and show you all, but since i didnt take the before ones it would not make a difference as it all got decimated. I basically have the base left and will see what i can do (if i have time) to to try and create some more.

I actually didn't get mad just looked at her with a pained expression like she just kicked me with all of her strength in the nads. When she picked up the basket in shock i watched her turn differnt colors as she just realized what she did. It was on top of my new figure cases and i thought it would be safe :). Silly me........

Just built a Palaquin from scrach with all extra chaos parts. I am rather proud of it though it is a bit rushed as i am running short on time. I will post a pick here soon and you all can give me somemore pointers.

I still have a full unit of Warp spiders to paint in ulthwe colors, but i don't think i have the time and will most likely use my old ones. Last year you all really showed me some some excellent ideas. I made this display to show off at Adepticon then use for tounaments. Sorry to say but i think thats out of the question now.

Other than that i just finished modifying some cool forge world stuff i bought and i am at least ready for the team tournament. That is IF i can get my banners from my buddy who is a gifted banner painter.

Just sitting here still hearing the sound of my display being flattened behind me in my home office. Women...........gotta love them :)
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 pm

My team finalized our lists a couple of weeks ago, we're working on painting them all right now. 4000 points of Marine stuff is a lot :(
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Our 40K team tournament list was just finalized a couple days ago (at least that's what we think). Working on other lists now (actually not - work on con prep). Lists will have to wait until Friday.
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Postby Blackmoor » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:22 am

Redbeard wrote:You've actually settled on your list already? I haven't even decided what army to play.

I started painting some new models last weekend, in case I wanted to go a certain way. Got 2500 points worth finished (while working full time too) since then - and now I'm not even convinced that's the right army to play.

I hate ADD.

I should have said that I settled on an army.

The list is still in flux.
Blackmoor

Postby Elthniar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm

You know you have dedication to your hobby when you fail a Quantum Physics test because you have been painting 12 hours a day for 4 days straight and didn't have time to study!

To be honest though, I probably would have failed it anyways.

Two days! I'm so excited, but nervous for all the stuff I have yet to finish...

See you all very soon!
Elthniar

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Nothing like having your priorities in line, although when I was in college, I did the same kinda stuff...
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby getupandgo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:13 am

Wait... Adepticon is THIS weekend????

SHIT!

;)
getupandgo

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 am

Well, its tomorrow so despite my efforts there will be no display :(. wife is sick and i got stuck with doing everything after being gone at work 12 to 14 hours a day. So its no display and using old painted warp spiders. Unless i tweek my lists............... :wink:
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Return to AdeptiCon 2010