crazy stories

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:15 am

I've got another crazy moment. In the 4th round we are paired up with a team who is 5pts higher than us in the standings. Not only that but we played this team in a practice game on Thursday and got trounced handily. One half of their army is choas and Guard and the other half is Chaos and Daemons (we all know how that synergy is broken).

Everyone is pumped for the rematch. All except one guy who get's to the table and thinks the game is lost before it began. He doesn't care that his team is ahead in points. He doesn't care his teammates beat us 2 days before. He sits down and is ready to lose.

On my table we are forced to scrunch up in two corners because of their 2 Leman Russ Demolishers. It doesn't look good for us early as a str 10 ap 2 pie plate is put on about 12 Noise marines and 2 Oblits. Luckily the shot scatters off the table. The next turn we get 2 Pie Plates placed on us, but again luck is with us adn both scatter far. The game turns when their 3rd armor 14 vehicle, the Chaos Land Raider full of Khorne Berzerkers, is immobilised one turn away from assaulting our lines.

On the other table, where both of our players are 1-2 in the TT so far, I guess the dice were with them for a change and they looked to be ahead in the battle. Then this one guy from the other team decides the game is over, packs up his stuff and leaves!!!! In the middle of the game he just leaves!!! His teammate can't believe it but he continues to play on his own and manages to hold off an elimination victory which costs us 2nd place in the TT. Wow.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:55 am

wow, that must have been some amazing opponents you played the 4th round, fred!

I still can't believe I mixed up two rules over the weekend on lash. I didn't lash a single thing that was fearless because for some stupid reason I thought I couldn't! I confused it with the mortar's infernus shells...

Definitely a good last game we had. I'm curious what would have happened if that Land Raider didn't get immobilized the first turn.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Green Blow Fly » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

Fred I heard your BO drove that dude away.

:lol:

G
Death is a door to a new beginning - take my hand and I will lead you there...
http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com
Green Blow Fly

Postby brendan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Fred gave me one of Chris Hill's beers!
brendan

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2009