crazy stories

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

crazy stories

Postby Turtle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 pm

you guys have 'em, lets start hearing em!
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Re: crazy stories

Postby getupandgo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Turtle wrote:you guys have 'em, lets start hearing em!

"Did I tell you guys, that I'm a teacher?" Yes Nogle, you did... several times.
getupandgo

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 pm

On Saturday night was Hank doing an 'Army of Darkness' impersonation? During the awards he seemed to slurr or gargle over a number of last names earily similar to Ash in the Army of Darkness movie.

"... and the winner is Bob Sa-rgl-ish-min-sky."

" Kaatu, Barata, Nik -(cough)."
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby muwhe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 pm

There is a reason we let .. Chris and Jen.. handle the microphone.

Course it could have been one to many Punch in's.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby doc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Can you have too many of those?
The inventor is truly a god-among-men!

War stories
5 Arbites holding up a Nurgle DP for 2 rounds of combat, and wounding him. Won the game for me.
Penitent Engine taking a Death or Glory hit from a LR BT - Pen 6 damage. Then ripped another one to pieces and the ensuing explosion caused the guard sqaud holding the objective to flee - yet another win!
Also, Karamazov taking out a Warhound Titan - single handed...
Jason "Doc" Dyer
31x GT attendee; Best Painted, and 4x Best Sport
Doc's Projects
A-Club
doc

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Driving from Buffalo Wild Wings at 2:00 AM and having Bill Kim call me from the other vehicle:

Bill "Do you have Willingham?"

Me "No, I don't have Willingham."

Both cars bust out laughing like crazy as I U-turn only to find Jon running down the road 1/4 mile behind us. Of course he left his cell phone in the room and couldn't call.
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Postby Centurian99 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Inquisitor_Malice wrote:Driving from Buffalo Wild Wings at 2:00 AM and having Bill Kim call me from the other vehicle:

Bill "Do you have Willingham?"

Me "No, I don't have Willingham."

Both cars bust out laughing like crazy as I U-turn only to find Jon running down the road 1/4 mile behind us. Of course he left his cell phone in the room and couldn't call.

The best was that there was someone in my car who didn't know who willingham was, so he thought we were all just going crazy.

Gameplay-wise, having the Bluescribes spawn a Greater Daemon and Ghazghul had to be the highlights.
Centurian99

Postby Janthkin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Gameplay, I have 3:

1) Yriel finished off a Trygon, 8 ripper swarms, 4 'gaunts, and a Carnifex in round 2 of the Gladiator, and was eyeing a Tyrant when he was devourered to death.

2) A warlock force-fed a Hierophant a Vortex grenade, which disposed of the beastie quite nicely.

3) A mob of 20 orks walked onto a team tourney battlefield from reserves. It was hit by 3 Flamers of Tzeentch, which killed everyone except the Nob, who passed his leadership test. My Bloodthirster of Khorne then leaped upon the hapless Nob...and preceded to whiff completely. That Nob got to stand toe-to-hoof with the Bloodthirster until the following Assault phase; I imagine it was inspirational.
Janthkin

Postby Turtle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 pm

the craziest thing that happened this weekend happened in the third round of the team tournament,

ork nob biker list vs chaos and daemons,

the chaos player sets up a whole mob of dudes in a building in his deployment zone, there was a chaos lord in a possesed unit (which rolled up rending) 12 chaos marines with a melta, combi melta, icon, and a flamer (no close combat options whatsoever), 6 raptors 2 meltaguns, and champ with lightning claws (just behind the building), and 2 oblits, partners daemons nowhere in site

the ork player had i think 7 nobz all kitted out differently, painboy, warboss, power claws, waagh banner, etc... pretty standard, pretty nasty

so the ork player goes first and turbo boosts to about 4 inches in front of the building, and brings up the rest of his army as well.

bottom of the first turn chaos player looks to his partner and says

"I'm going for it"
he brings up the chaos marines, raptors, oblits, and rolls a dt check for the lord and possessed, it comes up 1,2 well i guess the lord doesn't get to participate in the assault this turn

Shooting causes a couple wounds, and no bikers die.
Assault brings in the marines raptors and oblits, when the dust settles down its 7 wounds to 6 wounds...in favor of the chaos player.. by one

Ork player says ok no problem I got this we're leadership 9... and rolls an 11, well okay no worries i've got a boss pole, he makes the save and rerolls the break check it comes up ...11

ok so iniative roll to cut the orks comes up 2 for the orks, and for the marine player it comes up...6 almost 700 points of orks gone in the blink of an eye, chaos player bounces up and says, "Okay beer on me, whatch want?"

and then they started round 2

a tough break for the ork guys, but it was genuinely one of the most fun games our team had played in a long long while, and on my table against their partners, it was just as much fun, totally stand up guys, and a blast to play, I hope to see them next year for some more beer drinking
Turtle

Postby Redbeard » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Craziest exchange I had, round 3 gladiator:

I've got Fateweaver, and Changeling.
My Opponent has Fateweaver, and Changeling.

He moves his Fateweaver in range of my Fateweaver, and attempts to turn mine into a Chaos spawn. This fails. I then try to turn his into a Spawn - he responds by making me take a Changeling test, which I fail, and he grabs control of my Fateweaver for the turn. Fortunately, nothing happens. His turn, he again tries to Spawn my Fateweaver. This time, my Changeling is in range, and duly, his Fateweaver fails his leadership test and I get to control it for the round. I decide to put an end to this nonsense, and have his Fateweaver turn his Changeling into a Chaos Spawn - successfully.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby artificer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Turtle wrote:the craziest thing that happened this weekend happened in the third round of the team tournament,

ork nob biker list vs chaos and daemons,

and then they started round 2

a tough break for the ork guys, but it was genuinely one of the most fun games our team had played in a long long while, and on my table against their partners, it was just as much fun, totally stand up guys, and a blast to play, I hope to see them next year for some more beer drinking

They played my teammates Chris & Jay, you played me and Tony.
That was BRUTAL! It was much discussed well into the night over many a beer. Stuff like that (and great gamers like you 4) are the things that keep me coming back to A-Con.

Hopefully we can do it again next year.
Only the Dead Have Seen The End Of War
- Plato

'07 TT - No More Kicking
'08 TT - Casus Belli
'09 TT - Cede Malis
'10 Paint Judging and Terrain Monkey
artificer

Postby Turtle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm

lol artificer, the guy who posted it was your teammate
Turtle

Postby artificer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Turtle wrote:lol artificer, the guy who posted it was your teammate

Weird, it reads like one of the Ork guys writing it. I stand by my statement though, they were awesome to play against. I guess I wasn't looking at just who was posting. Clearly, my brain has not fully dried out from the weekend's festivities yet.
lol.
:P
Only the Dead Have Seen The End Of War
- Plato

'07 TT - No More Kicking
'08 TT - Casus Belli
'09 TT - Cede Malis
'10 Paint Judging and Terrain Monkey
artificer

Postby Blackmoor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am

Redbeard wrote:Craziest exchange I had, round 3 gladiator:

I've got Fateweaver, and Changeling.
My Opponent has Fateweaver, and Changeling.

He moves his Fateweaver in range of my Fateweaver, and attempts to turn mine into a Chaos spawn. This fails. I then try to turn his into a Spawn - he responds by making me take a Changeling test, which I fail, and he grabs control of my Fateweaver for the turn. Fortunately, nothing happens. His turn, he again tries to Spawn my Fateweaver. This time, my Changeling is in range, and duly, his Fateweaver fails his leadership test and I get to control it for the round. I decide to put an end to this nonsense, and have his Fateweaver turn his Changeling into a Chaos Spawn - successfully.

The same thing happened with Centurian99 and I against the same player in the Team Tournament. I flew my Fateweaver up to try to spawn his Fateweaver and he took control of my Fateweaver and turned around and blasted Cent99's Bloodcrushers. Then the next turn he tried to spawn my Fateweaver with his and I took control with my changling and ended up spawning one of his horrors.

One of my funny moments was playing Inquisitor Malice in the Invite, and my little chaos sorcerer was going toe-to-toe with Abadddon. Abaddon rolled a 1 for his demon weapon and whiffed, and my sorcerer poked him with his staff and did a wound. Abaddon lost combat, and during the combat rez he rolled a 1 for his save and did not make his feel no pain roll and he fell over dead.
Blackmoor

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:42 am

Abaddon doesn't have feel no pain. He just fell over dead. :)
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2009