Check out these losers...Smacktalk thread.

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Check out these losers...Smacktalk thread.

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Purple Cobras - Cobras lost in Karate Kid, and they always lose in GI Joe. Nuff said.

Never Trust a Tau with a Krootox Farm - Never trust a Tau Team to win anything.

Emperors Grease Monkeys - I guess you're all greased up and ready to throw feces at passersby.

Waaagh-lorado Warband - Waaagh-lorado? Really? Yeah, that's not a stretch.

Paper Street Products - This team will die like the rest of the print media industry.

Mad Mork - Nanoo Nanoo.

NWGG - Making all your Trekkie fetish fantasies come true.

Unknown (Captain: E. Klein) - And unknown they shall remain.

Team Handsome - Sup Team Hanson?

Two Daemons One Cup - This is sooo 2008.

Nortlanders - With a name like this I expect you to show up with 6-siders woven into your beards.

Dominion Weapons Group - This team will be disappointingly lacking in dominatrixes.

WC MORKS ANGELS - Jesus, I know Robin Williams in his coke days was funny, but how many fanbois can he have?

Team Brokeback - I'm glad to see you getting the full benefit from your 2005 People's Magazine subscription.

The Tijuana Donkeys - So, will you be putting on a "show"? And who will be the donkey "handler"?

Skull and Crossbones - The Robot Ninjas have already cornered the lame meme market. Sorry.

Girls Gone Chaos - I would advise against pointing your cameras at Mick and telling him to take off his shirt. By all accounts, he will.

Iron Fist League - You've managed to combine images of space marines and bowling. Congrats.

Team Banzai - Whether you plan on jumping out of a plane or clipping midget trees, no one has high expectations.

The Wrath of Dorn - KHAAAAAAN!-- I mean, DOOORRRRRRRRN!

Team Battle Ready - Unfortunately there is no actual battle at Adepticon, just lots of fat and balding men playing with dolls. But your battle ready status fills us all with confidence.

Midwest Tactical - almost sounds like a bait shop.

Volaticus Ferrum - "Inconstant Iron". I think you've already made fun of yourselves enough, so I'll just move on.

Team Misfit - When you got nothing else, go with the truth.

Whiskey Indiana November - Winners you are.

Craftworld V - We all have a thing for a bald Natalie Portman, but Craftworld V for Vendetta take it to a new level.

The Mournival - Dan Abnett's lawyers will be contacting you.

TOO LIVE 40K WRECKING CREW - Faces sad, goofy shoes...that's the way...we like to lose!

Name - I'm glad your community college philosophy education is finally useful. This is very avant garde!

Jack Booted Thugs - Slow your roll, soulja boyz. The judges are trying to catch you ridin' dirty.

Cold Steel Mercenaries: Crusaders - Your team name sounds like anime, which is cartoons for old lonely men.

FN Nato - IDK, my BFF Jill?

Bolters and Boobies - Two things you will never touch in real life.

Red Orktober - As well honed and precise as a submarine full of drunken mutinous Russians.

Rocky Mountain Cavaliers - Somehow you will manage to do worse than the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Emperor`s Stimulus Package - This is pure genius. A name of such power foretells their meteoric ascension to first place. I guess the rest of you could still show up and play, but that's up to you.

One FN Attack - Swearing is cool. If you're nine.

Opposing Force - OPFOR tends to lose in military practices. This will be no different.

Once You Go Tac You'll Never Go Back - Speaking from experience?

Cold Steel Mercenaries: Renegades - Thank God there's a sequel. I thought Cold Steel Mercenaries: Crusaders left too many questions unanswered.

Pus Bags (On Board Games) - The fact that you had to clarify your team name with a parenthetical makes me hope I'm at the opposite end of the hall from you.

Cruel and Unusual - I was wondering when emo would make it's way to Adepticon. Is it hard to game while weeping and pouting?

Flying Hellfish Team Waaagh! - The Simpsons have seen better years, much like this team.

Nerd Night Contingent - Didn't you guys open for Vampire Weekend?

Spawn of Hellfish - And here I was worried that global warming would cause Hellfish to go extinct. Glad that's not the case.

Robot Ninjas - Think about how effective a robot ninja can be. Got it? Then you already know how competitive these guys are.

Team Space Marine - So you're all going to share one space marine? This risky strategy might not pay off in the long run.

Fermentus Astu Imperialis - I'm not going to bother googling that crap. You will finish near the bottom.

Daboyz - We get it. You're orks.

CAGO - We are talking about the Greater Good - Without a doubt the worst name ever. An acronym, seven words, and dash.

Mixed Bag - Genetics normally are. Sorry guys.

Nobody Expects the Flying Hellfish - "...to win."

Hive Fleet Decapod - Your team has ten feet? I'm no math whiz, but if Adepticon is now sporting a Freak Show, I wanna feed you rotten cabbage through the bars of your cage.

GB 40K - If you really spent the money to come from Great Britain to play with dolls, someone needs to reconsider their priorities.

Dorks With Orks - Truthfulness will gain you the admiration of your peers. Unfortunately, none of them are female.

Dead Sexy - Corpses are about as unsexy as it gets.

Dakka Detachment One - I am aghast with anticipation that there might be a Dakka Detachment Two!! Is there?! Stick around...we'll find out together.

Kap N` Krew - So now you have two things in common with Michael Jackson.

Purple People Eaters - Lets leave the cannibalism to the soccer teams stranded in the Andes, ok?

Checkmate Hobbies - Lacking in both checks and mates.

Be Just, or Be Dead - Please Be Showered, or Be Not Showing Up.

High Rollers - You're not living the dream. You're dreaming. Wake up and put the coffee on before your parents wake up. You remember what happened the last time you forgot?

BNB Revenge of the Smurfs - Bed and Breakfast Revenge of the Smurfs. I think there's some anime teams here this year. You guys should get together and twitter, whatever the hell that means.

Capitol Imperialis - As promising as the outlying districts of Washington DC.

Team Evo - "Ok guys, Team Devo is ready to go! Nothing will stop us! We will Whip It Good Ha Ha! What's that? Cease and Desist order?"

Minneapolis Warp Storm - I'm glad I'm not the only person that views Minneapolis as the Eye of Terror.

Four Horsemen - THIS IS VERY ORIGINAL THANK YOU FOR APPLYING IT TO A FOUR PERSON TEAM WAR GAME.

Team GODMODE - You may be shocked to learn this, but gaming has come a long way since Doom. And, actually, about your Squat armies...Chua needs to talk to you in the corner for a moment.

WC Team 2 - Dang...I didn't even see the first one. Or are they starting in the middle like George Lucas? I hope they don't show up dressed as Ewoks. Wait...scratch that. I hope they do show up dressed like Ewoks.

Team Xenos - Team Ecksenos? Team Christenos? Team Transenos? Oh I give up. Someone figure out how to pronounce when you fight them in the losers bracket.

CHIPS - DORITOS! OM NOMNOMNOM.

Rise of the Machines - Congrats to the winners of Adepticon 2009 (IE whoever gets to play these Necron players).

Cede Malis - Not gonna google it. Sounds like a character Fran Drescher would play. Got her voice stuck in your head now? Good.

Murphy's Lawmen - Good thing Murphy didn't have sailors, otherwise you guys would be Murphy's Seamen.

COBRA - Is this a team, or are you here to remind people that they keep their health insurance up to 6 months after they've lost their jobs?

Great Lakes Masters Chaotica - I imagine a golfing event with chainswords and spiked armor.

Four Random Dudes - Team name or catalog of intimate conquests?

Have Good Night - Are you going to offer to sell me WoW gold?

NTF Freebootas - NTF? WTF? And if you're old enough to know what a freeboota is, it's time you take the Winger cassette out of your stereo, cut your mullet, and get a job.

Baby Kickers - I almost want this team to win it, so GW has no choice but to publish an article on the Baby Kickers.

The Torks - I got nothin'. Neither will they when it's time to hand out awards.

The Warmongers - An anagram of your team name is "Garment Whores".

Ed
The Emperor's Stimulus Package
Ed

Postby Matthias » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:49 pm

FN Nato - IDK, my BFF Jill?

HA!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby brendan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 pm

sup ed.

I imagine you plan on be more effective than last years package?

Brendan
brendan

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Name - I'm glad your community college philosophy education is finally useful. This is very avant garde!

ahhahahahah those were great, cant stop laughing
BostonNazgul

how dare you sir!

Postby Spacecurves » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:01 pm

hahaha awesome, as the captain of Girls Gone Chaos I can promise you we will not be asking any of our male opponents to flash us.
Spacecurves

Re: Check out these losers...Smacktalk thread.

Postby n00bzilla99 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Ed wrote:Fermentus Astu Imperialis - I'm not going to bother googling that crap. You will finish near the bottom.

Haha, Great one, this translates to "Imperial Beer City" and we're ready to hand out some smackdowns :P
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Redbeard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:33 pm

AdeptusBrewCityJoe wrote:
Ed wrote:Fermentus Astu Imperialis - I'm not going to bother googling that crap. You will finish near the bottom.

Haha, Great one, this translates to "Imperial Beer City" and we're ready to hand out some smackdowns :P

Would be better if you handed out some cold ones...
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby n00bzilla99 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm

Redbeard wrote:
AdeptusBrewCityJoe wrote:

Would be better if you handed out some cold ones...

How ironic is it that 2 of the people on my team (myself and someone else) aren't old enough to drink. We just made that reference because the team was originally formed and based in Milwaukee. Beer City = Milwaukee, drink to it.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:32 pm

Ed - nicely done.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Deadshane » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 pm

Emperors Stimulus Package-Nothing Stimulating about these "packages"...well thats what I heard!

-Deadshane (WC Mork's Angels)
Deadshane

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 pm

brendan wrote:sup ed.

I imagine you plan on be more effective than last years package?

Brendan

Oh hey Brendan.

How does your team feel about being eclipsed by the Jonas Brothers? Tough racket man. Oh well...Mmmmm Bop! royalties should get you guys through another 5-10 years at least.

Ed
Ed

Postby muwhe » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Ed -

Thanks for stepping up .. and keeping the tradition alive.

Well done..
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

talk

Postby Depayen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 am

The Emperor's Stimulus Package- I am glad you want to be on the other side of the room from us. Quite frankly I do not think my team or any other team wants to see your team checking for your Stimulus Package after your_______are handed to you in defeat.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby incarna » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:13 am

Ed wrote:Paper Street Products - This team will die like the rest of the print media industry.

This, I’m pretty sure, is supposed to be a reference to Fight Club… not print media.
incarna

Postby Ed » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:36 am

incarna wrote:
Ed wrote:Paper Street Products - This team will die like the rest of the print media industry.

This, I’m pretty sure, is supposed to be a reference to Fight Club… not print media.

My Chuck Pahluninaihakihak book club would be very disappointed in me. Luckily for me they're imaginary and I don't care what the male half of Brangelina does in a basement surrounded by shirtless men. I think he got punched in the face by the guy who played Smoochy the Rhino.
Ed

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2009