Warhammer 40K INAT FAQ version 2.1 (FINAL) Released!

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby muwhe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm

We will be addressing a few recent issues.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Some people may be wondering why are we putting out another update for the Independent National Warhammer 40,000 Tournament FAQ (INAT FAQ) so close to AdeptiCon when we said that the 2.1 version would be last one before the event. There are a couple of reasons.

Most importantly, Games Workshop has recently released an updated Warhammer 40,000 rulebook FAQ which contained some new rulings that needed to be taken into consideration in the wording for a few of our FAQ rulings. Second, we received some last second questions from players attending AdeptiCon and given that we already had to put out a revised version of our FAQ because of GW`s update, it only made sense to throw in these extra questions as well.

However, we have gone out of our way to make sure that none of our existing rulings from the 2.1 version have been completely reversed. We consciously made this decision because with such short notice until AdeptiCon we know that many people will not notice or have time to read the 2.2 version and we want to make sure that everything in the 2.1 version is still applicable (and 99.9% of it is).

Click here to download the INAT FAQ ver 2.2 now!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 am

Instead of downloading and reading through 80 pages could someone tell me what was ruled. These rules are becoming more than the game itself and is starting to turn me off again. It's just that I need to memorize all this monster to play? Sheesh.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:47 am

Got it. The Chaos dread is played normally now.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Matthias » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Generalissimo_Fred wrote:Instead of downloading and reading through 80 pages could someone tell me what was ruled. These rules are becoming more than the game itself and is starting to turn me off again. It's just that I need to memorize all this monster to play? Sheesh.

Absolutely not. Read the INAT Statement of Intent, the Code of Conduct or any of the posts Yakface or anyone else has made concerning the intention of the FAQ. 90% of the time the Q is for questions, not rules.

Changes since 2.1 have their answers in red and a big + before the ref. number. Pretty easy to find. Only a few changes in 2.2 in response to the most recent GW FAQ and a few issues we received numerous (that is, frequent) emails/questions about (refer to previous post):

+RB.31A.01 – Q: Can a single unit firing multiple ‘pinning’ weapons cause an enemy unit to take more than one pinning test per turn?
A: Unless specified otherwise in the weapon’s description, no. Only one pinning test is taken due to the firing of a single enemy unit regardless of how many pinning weapons they fired or how many wounds they inflicted [clarification].

+RB.66E.02 – Q: Can an embarked unit ever be pinned, or be forced to disembark or fall back from out of the transport?
A: Unless explicitly specified otherwise, no [clarification].
Ref: TAU.33E.01, TAU.42H.01

+CSM.40A.01 – Q: Does a Chaos Dreadnought suffering from ‘Fire Frenzy’ pivot to face a target directly behind itself (if that is the closest target)?
A: Yes, since walkers pivot before checking line of sight, the Dreadnought pivots to face the closest potential target and then checks for line of sight. If the closest target isn’t visible, the Dreadnought pivots to face the next closest target and repeats until the closest visible target is determined [clarification].

+ELD.49B.05 – Q: Is an embarked enemy unit that fires at Harlequins via their vehicle’s fire points affected by ‘Veil of Tears’?
A: Yes, as the Eldar player does not choose whom the power is used on [clarification].
Ref: TYR.31I.01, WH.14B.01

+ORK.31B.01 – Q: Does the Ld value of an Ork in a mob benefit from the ‘Mob Rule’ when they are targeted individually such as with Eldar Mind War?
A: Yes, individual Orks within a mob may always benefit from the Mob Rule up to a maximum Ld value of 10 (no matter how many Orks beyond ten the mob actually has) [clarification].

+SM.93A.03 – Q: Does Vulkan’s Chapter Tactics benefit his own Gauntlet of the Forge when it is fired as a Heavy Flamer?
A: Yes, as it is fired as a heavy flamer [RAW].

+TYR.31I.01 – Q: Does ‘Psychic Scream’ affect enemy embarked units (such as a psyker trying to pass a Psychic test)?
A: Yes, as the Tyranid player does not choose whom the power is used on [clarification].
Ref: ELD.49B.05, WH.14B.01

+WH.14B.01 – Q: Does Hammer of the Witches affect an enemy psyker embarked on a transport?
A: Yes, as the Witch Hunter player does not choose whom the power is used on [clarification].
Ref: ELD.49B.05, TYR.31I.01

+APOC.GEN.04 – Q: When a firing unit draws line of sight through the legs of a Titan or Gargantuan Creature to an enemy unit beyond, does this count as shooting ‘through a unit’ for the purpose of cover saves?
A: Yes it does [clarification].

+APOC.92E.01 – Q: Do Super-Heavy vehicles benefit from moving on roads?
A: No, as regular Super-heavy vehicles cannot move at cruising speed (which is required to benefit from a road) and ‘Fast’ super-heavy vehicles already move 24” [clarification].

+APOC.94G.05 – Q: Can a flyer with ‘Hover Mode’ start the game on the table as a skimmer?
A: No, unless specified otherwise flyers must always start the game in reserve [clarification].

+APOC.148.01 – Q: When exactly does a non-based Hierophant count as being in base contact for the purposes of close combat?
A: To ensure it always plays similarly, when dealing with an un-based Hierophant, draw an imaginary line the minimum distance needed to go completely around all of its legs. This ‘footprint’ counts as the model’s base for game purposes [rules change].

+IAA.GEN.02 – Q: Hellstrike missiles in IA Apocalypse have a different statline from those in the Apocalypse rulebook. Which one is correct?
A: Use the rules as written, which means that a standard Thunderhawk has Hellstrikes that behave slightly different [RAW].

+IAA.GEN.03 – Q: Do IAA Hellstrike missiles use the 5” blast marker as they are ordnance?
A: No, as they are not a blast weapon [RAW]. Please refer to the Forgeworld IAA FAQ for more information on Hellstrike missiles.
Matthias
Techpriest

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2009