Eldar Nightwings

The new game of aerial combat in everyone's favorite 41st millennium.

Eldar Nightwings

Postby knitemare » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am

OK, finished my Nightwings before I finished my Thunderbirds. All are painted, just need to add a few details.

Image[/img]

I really need to fix that cockpit
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby Carrick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Those look good.

Your red is looking a tiny bit thin. You might want to try a coat of Mechrite Red underneath the (what I assume is) Blood Red next time. Or brighten the red with a coat of Blood Red.
The blue is very nice. The back lines look clear and add a lot of detail. Kudos for keeping them clean.
The metallic parts are nice and clean too - but Eldar don't use metal. They use wraithbone. Eldar vehicles are not forged they are born.

And you made one fundamental error - you seem to have inadvertently purchased some nancy Eldar models. It is an easy mistake to make - thousands make the same mistake all the time - and easily rectified by throwing them on the floor and stamping on them screaming "Die filthy Xenos"!
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Postby knitemare » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Carrick wrote:Those look good.

Your red is looking a tiny bit thin. You might want to try a coat of Mechrite Red underneath the (what I assume is) Blood Red next time. Or brighten the red with a coat of Blood Red.
The blue is very nice. The back lines look clear and add a lot of detail. Kudos for keeping them clean.
The metallic parts are nice and clean too - but Eldar don't use metal. They use wraithbone. Eldar vehicles are not forged they are born.

And you made one fundamental error - you seem to have inadvertently purchased some nancy Eldar models. It is an easy mistake to make - thousands make the same mistake all the time - and easily rectified by throwing them on the floor and stamping on them screaming "Die filthy Xenos"!

I have lots of comments.

1) That IS mechrite red, 2 coats.
2) The black lines are actually done over the top, 005 .20mm pigment pen
3) I don't really know 40k fluff that well and I don't know jack about Eldar, so I had no idea. Now that I know, maybe I'll hit it with some bleached bone.
4) I also have Imperial Thunderbolts (and now, unpainted Lightnings). I am building both forces so that when I want to play, even if someone else doesn't have models, I can supply them.

Thanks for checking out my pictures :)
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby BrentS » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:20 pm

Well, I know nothing of AI, nor 40K, nor any background. However, I think the models look good. Nice job.
BrentS

Postby Angelos » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Models look nice, but carrick is right about the wraithbone. :wink:
Angelos

Postby Carrick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 pm

knitemare wrote:I have lots of comments.

1) That IS mechrite red, 2 coats.
2) The black lines are actually done over the top, 005 .20mm pigment pen
3) I don't really know 40k fluff that well and I don't know jack about Eldar, so I had no idea. Now that I know, maybe I'll hit it with some bleached bone.
4) I also have Imperial Thunderbolts (and now, unpainted Lightnings). I am building both forces so that when I want to play, even if someone else doesn't have models, I can supply them.

Thanks for checking out my pictures :)

1) I am suprised that two coats left you with brushmarks and some unpainted patches - your pot must be thin because I have been very happy with its coverage. A Blood Red coat would hopefully hide any patches.
2) And with such you have made them look very nice. Nice enough that my silly nitpicking seems churlish. :oops:
3) I thought you might not know about the Wraithbone. I honestly don't think any opponent would notice or comment.
4) I can't wait for you to post pictures of those so I can be mean about them!
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Return to Aeronautica Imperialis