Chariot Heralds, do we care?

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Chariot Heralds, do we care?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Is there any good use of the Daemon Heralds on a Chariot as opposed to in a squad of other dudes? At least I didn't think a Chariot mounted Herald could join a unit....

I suppose the Herald would be protected to some extent along the way, but they are weak transports, about like a Rhino, and will inevitably get wrecked or exploded. And sure, they can assault after the wreck, but the Herald will almost certainly get shot to death afterwards right?

The Herald of Khorne gets the Locus off to all Khorne units in 6", is that worth it? I'd say no.

The Slaanesh Herald gets the lawnmower effect, but is that so great either? They don't move too far to be able to move over most enemy units and still end 1" away.

Until they give the Exalted Flamer the Relentless rule, I see no point in the Burning Chariot either; the Herald of Tzeentch is best in Horrors on foot, or on a disc with Screamers.

So I guess they look cool, but any other ideas of why one should use a Chariot? I made a Skull Cannon and that's performed decently, so hooray for that!
Lord Krungharr

Re: Chariot Heralds, do we care?

Postby seahawk » Thu May 02, 2013 10:35 am

Heralds should never, ever be on chariots. Their locus ability means they need to be in a unit to be the most effective, much less least vulnerable. They're no good at being tanks; that's the purpose of the greater daemons!
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Tactics (40K)