Flesh Hounds vs. Seekers

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Flesh Hounds vs. Seekers

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Has anyone tried out Seekers and Flesh Hounds yet? I found the Hounds with 2 Jugger Heralds are pretty effective and unit-hopping, killing one thing after another, though it's really the Heralds doing the killing of course.

Seems like Seekers have some great AP2 potential too with the sheer number of possible Rending attacks. But does their T3 and single wound make them sad mince meat compared to the 2 wound T4 Hounds?

Is Outflanking ever a good idea? They couldn't assault until Turn 3 then at the earliest; whereas the Hounds, if Scouting, can possibly assault Turn 1 if they go second, though pretty much guaranteed Turn 2.

I have an idea for some cool custom Seekers, but not sure if I should rush to get them ready for Adepticon (as my Hounds are about ready already).
Lord Krungharr

Re: Flesh Hounds vs. Seekers

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 am

Seekers can benefit from Invisibility as Slaanesh has access to Telepathy powers.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 am

Seekers: Very Fast all the time / Pack a huge punch / Dirt Cheap for what you get

Hounds: Fast / Scout / Super resilient and tough / Decent in combat / Cheap for what you get

The answer is there is no answer they are both really good for different reasons and depending on your list you will need to decide which is better or maybe both have value.

In every daemon list I wrote so far I have 60 fast attack models. :shock:
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Redbeard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am

What role do they perform when facing a list like the one you had at the championships?
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

Redbeard wrote:What role do they perform when facing a list like the one you had at the championships?

I would think they would be one of the worst matchups for the Oby deathstar list. He has to hide until the time to strike out with the deepstrike, yet the Seekers can get to him on turn 2 in almost any position. That means he'll have to teleport away sooner than he wants. If the seekers are spaced out, they can react to a bad scatter and still get a unit of 20 to assault the Obi star. That's a lot of rending attacks and with the banner of beguilement you can pick the target of the challenge. If you are able to pick out Oby (who has no invulnerable save) you can drop him and prevent the unit from getting away.

Meanwhile the shooting elements (nightscythes) will have to come in and target seekers to try and control their numbers. No one is bothering with the Daemon Troops or any daemon HQ's unless they are flying MC's who are threatening the Oby star also.

I'm telling you it's not the best matchup for the Oby star crons. Luckily it is hard to own that many seekers and flesh hounds right now, but I bet guys are putting them together for Adepticon. It can get to the point where you don't deploy your warlord on the table to start the game at all against certain speed daemon lists.

Now the seeker rush lists will cry rivers if they face a GK/Null Zone list. It's all about the matchups baby!!!!!
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Damn, forgot about that Null Zone power. Me no likey.

I've only 12 Flesh Hounds right now, the sabretooth 4th edition ones. Running with at least 1 Jugger Herald, possibly 2. They're pretty fast and especially tough if the Grimoire of True Names goes off properly, that and some Endurance blessing.

I managed to find a cool bit from which to make my Seeker mounts, but wow, only a little over 2 weeks to go, too late for that! Maybe next year, should have some new ideas then after all the new Codices come out too. I predict speed will be evermore important....and Furies will never ever be in my army.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Chubs » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:06 am

I used the hounds as a test unit in the champs and they peformed very well. With the 12 scout and move... It's a turn to charge if you go first, turn 1 if you let your opponent go first.

If your Deamons are primary, I agree with alan. All my list are fast heavy.

If they are not, consider what a combo of fiends ( w/ slan herald) and large hounds can do. Check the FAQ 1.1 and what happens to units who's Initiative is reduced to zero. :D Suddenly those hounds are not priority 1.

30 hounds painted fairly nice already....
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Return to Tactics (40K)