Icons

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Icons

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 am

The updated Daemons FAQ says that Daemons Icons can now be used to prevent scattering for Chaos Marines Deepstrikers now. This brings back much of the awesomeness of the 5th edition Chaos Codex, where we could drive up with an Icon in a Rhino or Biker unit and drop in Flamers, Horrors, Soul Grinders, not to mention Oblits, without mishaps all over the place. But what will be the best units to deliver the Daemonic Icons so we can drop in our tank hunting Raptors for example, or Termicide units, etc....

I'm thinking a Herald of Tzeentch on a chariot for posititioning with Turboboosting, or a unit of Plaguebearers for resilience. The only snaffu is one might need 2 Icons since one would need that delivery system in place 1st turn, and that's 50 points right there. But it may be worth it for dropping in melta guns at the right places. Also, a Comms relay becomes very valuable, which will limit some anti-air firepower as well. Overall this will be a fun thing to try, as though it clearly says 'friendly models' in the Daemons Codex Chaos Icon rules, I hadn't thought about using it for the CSM deepstrikers yet.
The Ravenwing gets all those damn Teleport Homers to drop in Deathwing Termies, so it's fair (if there's anything fair about a bunch of Deathwing Termies dropping in).
Lord Krungharr

Re: Icons

Postby Turtle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Out of curiousity, Where exactly did you see that. I just took a look and cold find nothing saying such.
There was one piece in the daemons faq that expressly forbade what you were talking about though...
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Re: Icons

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm

You know, I think I had a dyslexic moment there. Oh well, back to the drawing board.....I wish GW would just answer the damn question instead of being a politician about it. For the sake of people who get excited on the first few words of a sentence, they should just have said, "No, none of the Chaos Space Marine Icons do anything to prevent scattering for any deepstriking units. Why not try out the Dimensional Key? It's SOOOOOO worth the points!"
Lord Krungharr

Return to Tactics (40K)