Other Chaos Artefacts

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Other Chaos Artefacts

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Has anyone given the other Chaos Artefacts a try, besides the Black Mace, Fury Axe, or Murder Sword? That Murder Sword is certainly preferred on a Daemon Prince, but even on a regular Lord I could see it as beneficial, perhaps even a bit more than Lightning Claws.

How about the Burning Brand? At S4, not real sure how great it is, though Torrent is real nice. I tried putting it on a DP to make a mini-Heldrake, but he does more damage with the Mace or Murder Sword.

Dimensional Key? Does anyone think they could get a kill with the model holding it in the first turn, so second turn Reserves come in without scattering? I don't think it's possible for a Chaos Marines model to get into combat 1st turn to kill an enemy model to unlock it. Maybe if the opponent went first, and moved up far enough, then a Daemon Prince or Biker/Steed Lord could get in there, but very unlikely. Sure would be nice to have those damn summoning Icons again!

The Scrolls of Magnus are interesting, I tried them once and my Tzeentchy Disc Lord was a ridiculous beast zipping all over the place vs. Orks. It took Gazghull Thraka to charge him and end it. But the powers are of course random, and the S3 hit is AP1, so you really need that Sigil of Corruption to make the invul saves if needed....for that reason I think a Biker-psyker would be best, as you'll only suffer the Scroll wound on a 6, and of course take a Spell Familiar. With the Bike, 2 extra Mastery Levels, Familiar, and Sigil, he's end up at like 230 points. Still not sure if that's worth it, but I am sure I want to make a model for it. Although I hate playing Nids when I have pskyers, with their Shadow in the Warp crap....actually I just plain hate playing the Nids; that (bleeeeeeeep) Doom of Malantai !
Lord Krungharr

Re: Other Chaos Artefacts

Postby Turtle » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 pm

axe is the best imo

up to 13 lascannon hits, yes please!!
and a vector strike option, and a hammer of wrath attack, even better.
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am

Although you really only lose 2 attacks on the charge for Smash attacking with a non-Khorne DP, I hadn't thought about using one to get that Furious Charge + Axe Strength. That is pretty amazing, no tank or MC could withstand that except maybe a Swarmlord, or some other thing with Lash whips (those tick me off).

Too bad they didn't make a neat Slaaneshi artefact, like Fulgrim's Doom Siren or something...remember when those made the model strike first in combat regardless of enemy wargear/effects? That was SWEEEEET, and it was a flamer.
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:45 pm

The Burning Brand is handy for offing sergeants and the like, making for easy Boon rolls. My friend uses it consistently and has entertaining results.

That, or an ADL with laser, he either snipes characters by themselves or tries to precision shot the sergeants.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Tactics (40K)