Grey Knights vs Nurgle Battle Report

You just finished the best 40K game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Grey Knights vs Nurgle Battle Report

Postby ciscogarza » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 am

ciscogarza

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 am

Ouch! My backside still hurts.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Redbeard » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 am

They say 1000 words are worth a picture. They also take less bandwidth and can be read easily, especially at work, whereas 25 minutes of video is a stretch to watch someone else play a game.

Couldn't you just tell us what happened, highlighting anything interesting.

(Spoiler: Nurgle gets splattered, Grey Knights are, as Fred says, broken. Ron: "Hey, I killed 2 things". Ron: "That's not right dude. This is the worst army I've ever seen before." Cisco: "That was a good game" - Ron: "Liar")

What do we learn here: Paladins are broken, Grey knights won without losing a unit (or did the dreadknight get removed?) Seems like I described it in less than 1000 words.

As for the video itself...

The initial music and shaky camera detract from it. You obviously spent a few bucks on a quality camera, drop the extra $25 for a tripod. As for the music, does a dance party really represent the grim darkness of the 40,000th? If there must be music, find something epic like the Conan soundtrack.

Narration could lose some of the 'uh's. If you're doing that in post-production, writing a script and then reading it can help, as you won't be writing the ums and errs.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:57 am

Cisco,

I like the videos they are a great start to some interesting battle reports.

Personally I am a visual person and I like videos better then written reports. But again that software that lets you draw out the battle is cool too.

I agree with Alex on the shaky part at the beginning of each video not a good choice. Also a tripod would be awesome.

Number 1 thing about battle reports keep them short.

We don't have time to watch a 25min video battle report so honestly I doubt anyone will watch the whole thing.

Try to keep the battle reports to about 5 min per video at the most. 10 min TOPS!

I would check out these guys battle reports they have a great system that you could work off and give your own flair to.

http://www.frontlinegaming.org

Can't wait to get on camera!
YeezyMozart

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Keep up the good work. 5-10 minutes is the best. I look forward to seeing more.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby ciscogarza » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Will make them shorter.
ciscogarza

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Nicely painted armies. Whilst I would prefer doom and/or black metal to such a game, the dance party makes for a nice counterpoint, kinda like Noise Marines are getting ready to fight while watching it maybe? (they'd of course get erased very easily as well)

I wouldn't take Extra Armor if you take Daemonic Possession, as the DP ignores both Shaken and Stunned results anyway. These were both 1850 point lists? That's not very many models.

I didn't know about that Dreadknight Shunt move; that's quite terrifying.
That's almost as bad as Mordrak deepstriking with a Librarian and Warprifting my Obliterators in deep cover....but that's another tale.
Lord Krungharr

Postby ciscogarza » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm

The shunt move is an upgrade, "personal teleporter". 30" move but can only shoot.

Yes, small model count for 1850 pts.
ciscogarza

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Nurgle based army. Abbadon and 3 Oblits were the only things not Nurgle(besides vehicles).

The extra armor was only on the rhinos.

Small amount of models for sure.

Terrible dice rolling on my part didn't help either.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby swampthing » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Redbeard wrote:Narration could lose some of the 'uh's. If you're doing that in post-production, writing a script and then reading it can help, as you won't be writing the ums and errs.

Agreed, Narration could be added after the fact.

House music was a little annoying I felt like I was at a South Beach restaurant. but definately better than the background conversation, thats REALLY distracting. perhaps som Dub Step would work better :D

Otherwise, Good Job, I liked it, do another.
swampthing

great start.

Postby Chubs » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:49 am

Nice start to making some vid battle reports. Battle field captures after each player turns with maybe a 20 sec recap of the round would probably cut down the total duration.

As for the music, drop that hard house beat. +1 for tha dance part. Boo to the doom and gloom.

*I wonder how the black tmeplars would have faired?
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Return to Battle Reports (40K)