After Action Report for Invasion Kenosha Round 3

You just finished the best 40K game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

After Action Report for Invasion Kenosha Round 3

Postby GregSwanson » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:13 pm

All right after beating both flavors of Eldar it is on to the last round. I find out I will be playing Nathan Vollstad (sp?) from Bloomington and his Blood Angel Razor spam. The mission is table quarters with a twist. Only scoring units can hold and/or contest quarters. If you have more scoring units in a quarter than your opponent you control it. There is also an objective in the center which can be controlled. Set up will be spearhead. The mission will be variable game length.
My List
HQ: Grand Master Mordrak and 3 Ghost Knights w/halberds
HQ: Librarian w/sword, teleport homer 2 servo skulls, might, warp rift, sanctuary and shrouding
TR: Terminator Squad 1 x Hammer, 4 x Halberd, Psycannon
TR: Strike Squad 1 x Hammer, 7 x Swords, 2 x Psycannon
FA: Storm Raven w/TLLC and TLMM
HS: Dread Knight w/Heavy Incinerator & Great Sword
HS: Dreadnought w/2 X TLAC & Psybolt Ammo

His List:
HQ: Librarian with Fear the Darkness and Shield of Sanguinus
TR: Assault squad w/no jump packs flamer razorback w/TLC & TPG
FA: Baal predator TAC and HB sponsons
FA: Baal predator TAC and HB sponsons
FA: MM attack bike
HS: ACLC Predator
HS: ACLC Predator

He loses the roll and I make him go first. He places everything in a parking lot. Predators on either sides with razors in the middle. I reserve everything. This turn i am going for it. I am deep striking Mordrak along with the librarian. Mordrak's rule that is if he is deep strking he comes in first turn with no deviation. As an aside when I was building lists with what I had of Grey Knights Fred and I were talking and he suggested a Mordrak list with the libby and warp rift. Oh well here it goes going to go for it all. I reserve everything else. The termies go in the Raven and the dread will walk on. I will deep strike the strikes and the knight. I roll a five for Grand Strategy and make the dread and the knight scoring. I try to seize and fail.

His Turn 1
Things move about with one half of the army three razors (one with the libby in) and two preds going to his right towards my board edge and two razors two preds and attack bike going left.
My Turn 1
All right here goes nothing. Mordrak comes down behind one of the Razors and ACLC pred who are next to two more razors. If the rift goes off it will catch all four. I cast the power. He attempts to hood it ans rolls a one ... whew. I catch four vehicles. The ACLC pred is shaken. the razor right next to me is immobilized, the back two razors including the librarians are blown up. Killing an assault marine each. I hunker down and await the retribution.......
His Turn 2
The ACLC pred backs up to clear the way and everything else moves to shoot me. I cast sanctuary and get it off and await the onslaught.
He fires everything left in his army except for the assault squads still embarked and I take one wound on the libby, lose one Ghost Knights and Mordrak takes two wounds which both generate ghost knights. So at the end of all of this I end up with one more termie than I started. Nathan shakes his head in disbelief. He casts fear of the darkness which I hood. I must admit I had a 2 + cover save and rolled a lot of 5s he also missed with a bunch of lascannons. He charges in with the libby and two assault squads. I kill 4 assault marines of one squad and one of another he makes his leadership.
My Turn 2
I get the raven w/termies, the dread knight and the dread. Dread walks on. Raven flies 12" and termies get out. Dread Knight deep strikes off of the libbys homer. The dread lights up one of the mobile razorbacks destroying it. The termies shoot a baal predator shaking it. The The Knight incinerates the last mobile razorback not penetrating it from behind. The raven shoots one of the baal predators stunning it. With the machine spirit it immobilizes the other razor the knight whiffed on. The termies assault the last baal predator killing it. Mordrak's crew kills the rest of the marines and the libby breaks and runs.
His Turn 3
The libby because of the proximity to the dread knight falls back three. One predator tries to go through the woods immobilizing itself the two squads closest to the middle one whose razorback died and another whose is immobilized start heading through difficult terrain to the middle of the board. The two immobilized razors and the immobilized pred shoot the dreadknight killing it. The other pred shoots the termies doing nothing. The libby tries Fear of The Darkness on Mordrak's crew rolling an eleven.
My Turn 3
The strikes decide to wait a little longer. The termies push to assault the attack bike. Mordrak and friedns move to assault the other immobilized razor. The Storm raven moves up 6" The pred hoofs it towards the center. The raven shoots the librarian with 4 mindstrike missiles and a lascannon killing him. It power of the machine spirits the left most immobilized razorback killing it. The dread walks/runs to the middle. The termies multi charge the baal and the attack bike killing the attack bike and shaking the baal. Mordrak assaults and kills the last immobilized razor to get close to the middle.
His Turn 4
The two squads in the middle try to get away form the oncoming termies but don't go very far. The baal backs up to the middle. The ACLC predbacks uo to the middle and shoots at the raven knocking it down. The other immobilzed one takes a few shots at one lascannons and the autocannon at Mordrak in cover doing nothing. in a desperation move to stop the rampaging Mordrak assaults the Ghost Knights hoping to pull them away form the middle. The ghost knights make short work of them and consolidate further then they were.
My Turn 4
The strikes come down off the librarian's homer. The dread moves 6" and fires at the last mobile ACLC predator in the side destroying it. The termies move up to assault the one assault squad Mordrak moves up to assault the others. The strikes shoot the mobile ACLC pred in the back killing it. The termies cannot reach their target but Mordraks unit does killing four of the assault squad. He passes morale
His Turn 5
The last ACLC pred takes a few autocannon shots at the termies doing nothing. He charges in the last assault squad to help his fellows I think he loses a few I may have lost one and he sticks.
My Turn 5
The dread and strikes move to take quarters the termies charge in to the fray and wipe everyone out. We don't bother rolling for turn 6. I hold three quarters and the center. Big win for me with all Bonus points 24 - 0. I manage to win overall for the tournament. It was a very nice prize package consisting of: DE Codex, Archon, Box of Incubi, Box of Scourges, Box of Hellions, Venom, Razorwing, Raider, Battle Force.

I was very Happy with a number of units. First Mordrak was a beast especially when he can not be singled out in combat. Also that unit was hard to kill as they kept generating termies. Libby also did very well.
Raven was a lot harder to kill then I thought. The dread of course was great. The only unit I thought under performed was the Dread Knight. However he did catch a lot of bullets....
Didn't think much of the list at first but turned out very well. Can't wait to tweak it in the future.
Last edited by GregSwanson on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Mordrak + Librarian is a vehicle parking lot PSYKO-KILLA! You got to use his ability in one out of three games, but it just kills parking lots. I need to go to the store and buy 1 box of Termies and 1 Stormraven to make my own Mordrak list.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Skrivus » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Congrats on the win, especially as I haven't seen anyone run a list with Mordrak.

That's a pretty big and focused prize package...does that mean you'll be rolling with a new force on the horizon? :wink:
Skrivus

Postby GregSwanson » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Actually it means there will be either big lot or lots of small lots on EBay
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Skrivus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

GregSwanson wrote:Actually it means there will be either big lot or lots of small lots on EBay

If or when you feel like putting those items up for sale, could you shoot me a PM or a link? I would be quite interested in many of those items.
Skrivus

Go Greg!

Postby Chubs » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Go go fireman!
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Return to Battle Reports (40K)