Other Bugs at the GBU. (1850, 3 bat reps)

You just finished the best 40K game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Other Bugs at the GBU. (1850, 3 bat reps)

Postby n00bzilla99 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:46 am

As with Fred, I played for the ugly team and brought out the bugs to play. Here's how my day went for me.

For those that are unfamilar with my list, here it is:

Hive Tyrant with Lash Whips + Bonesword, Stranglethorn Cannon, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Old Adversary
3 Hive Guard
3 Hive Guard
3 Zoanthropes
11 Termagants
10 Termagants
Tervigon with Scything Talons, Cluster Spines, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst
Tervigon with Scything Talons, Cluster Spines, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst
8 Genestealers with a Broodlord all with Scything Talons
Trygon with Adrenal Glands
Trygon Prime with Adrenal Glands

Game One vs. Space Wolves

Primary - 6 objectives (2pts per objective)
Secondary - table quarters
Tertiary - kill points

The space wolves I am against is all foot list, with 83 space wolves, including 3 long fang squads with 10 missiles, 4 lascannons, 2 cyclone missile launchers and 4 units of grey hunters. There was a single rune priest with murderous hurricane and living lightning attached to the lascannon squad and a unit of wolf scouts flanking.

Dawn of War deployment, he deploys nothing and elects to walk on the board Turn 1. I deployed my Hive Tyrant and a single Tervigon. The HT was dead center behind a hill and the tervigon was on the right flank. I infiltrated my unit of stealers right next to the house in his deployment zone.

Top 1:
All the space wolves move onto the board and his entire army that can, shoots at my unit of stealers, removing them. His shooting phase is quick.

Bottom of 1:
My army shows up and walks onto the board, my gaunts run towards the nearest objective in my deployment zone behind a house, the others run up the middle. my tervigon spawns a unit of gaunts and they run out to shield him. The hive tyrant advances and the zoans + hive guard and other tervigon move up. i have only runs and my two trygons stay as far away from the long fangs as possible.

Top 2:
The wolves do a bit of shuffling with the grey hunters and the wolf scouts come on in my backfield. he opens fire on the tervigon, giving it cover from the ruins it's behind, it makes it's saves and comes out unharmed. the other units are out of range on that turn to do anything. the wolf scouts mulitcharge my hive guard and zoanthropes (yikes) and wipes them both out.

Bottom 2:
Both tervigons spawn guants and the gaunts from the farthest tervigon go back into the ruins. some of my gaunts which are out of synapse start suffering IB and run towards a hill in the shooting phase(which is where the objective is anyways), the trygon moves to assault the scouts and so does the freshest spawned squad of gaunts. the prime charges forward and is still a distance away from anything. The hive tyrant gets FNP and walks behind a hill to get some cover next turn, and I assault the wolf scouts, wiping them out. the remaining hive guard moved up and the trygon moves up with consolidation. the hive tyrant cast paroxysm on the unit of grey hunters in range to prevent their shooting next turn. (WS and BS 1)

Top 3:
All 14 missiles and 4 lascannons shoot the tyrant who takes 2 wounds through the turn leaving him with 1 (he had one earlier done to him). the wolves move around and are out of range besides the long fangs. the paroxysm'ed unit of hunters assaults a termigaunt unit within 6" of the tyrant and tervigon, so the gaunts pass their leadership check (thanks mama tervigon) and counter assault, scoring 15 wounds. reducing them to 3, the wolves put 4 wounds on gaunts and lose combat by 3. they hold.

Bottom 3:
The tyrant moves to assault the 3 hunters, the lower tervigon spawns another unit of gaunts, the 2 in the corner take IB and fail again, running at a wall and a hill where 2 objectives are. the other spawned unit up top stays in the ruins that the tervigon began the game in where there is an objective. i charge the grey hunters and finish them off, and advance the trygons forward, my shooting otherwise does very little. My trygon prime makes assault (15") with the leftmost grey hunter unit and tears them apart, makes them break and runs them off the board.

Top 4:
blood claws surround the prime and wound it a few times, long fangs finally finish off the tyrant and the other wolves shuffle towards the prime. the blood claws assault the prime and drag it down (that's a lot of 6's).

Bottom 4:
My trygon moves up and whiffs his run and falls a 1/16" short of assault of the wolf guard. I advance a unit of gaunts to capture a 4th objective, and move my squad towards the last objective in the middle. the tervigon assaults a unit of long fangs with the intention of tying them up and suffers his last wound. he is out of 6" range so the gaunts are safe.

Top 5:
Every gun in the wolf army shoots the trygon and fries it. the gaunts get assaulted and wiped out by blood claws.

Bottom of 5:
I slide my tervigon to the right, and move gaunts around, I now control 5 objectives.

Top 6:
The wolves try to contest one of my objectives but fail. they shoot my tervigon to shit and kill it, taking some gaunts with it.

Bottom 6:
My units (with the loss of the last synapse creature) go insane and all fail IB. they lurk except for a single gaunt unit which takes my 5th objective and secures the win.

I won primary, secondary, lost tertiary 8-3 and then took a single tactical bonus. 17-7 win.

------------------------------------

Game 2 vs. Chaos

Primary - 3 objectives (5pts per objective)
Secondary - victory points
Tertiary - kill points

His list was 3 defilers, 2 dreads, 2 lash prince daemons, a summoned greater deamon, 3 squads of noise marines in rhinos, a squad of T-Sons in a rhino.

I deploy on the 12" line and he deploys back in his zone. my stealers deployed behind a house in the middle.

Top 1:
I rush forward with everything, shooting takes the plasma cannon off of the dread from hive guard. zoans are out of range and the hive guard are out of range of the back most defiler in the right.

Bottom 1:
the deamon princes fly forward, the left one lashs my gaunts out of mama's range and wipes them in assault. his shooting takes a wound from a trygon and wounds a zoan and kills one as well. his t-sons move up and pile out to shoot my trygon but fail to wound it.

Top 2:
Mama tervigon is pissed and spawns 12 gaunts at the prince, and they assault and deal it 3 wounds. hive guard shoot the dread and stun it. zoans finish off the centermost dread. the hive guard on the far right shoot the backmost defiler and make it explode. stealers assault the t-sons and the broodlord hypnotizes the sorceror and keeps him from attacking. I wipe him to a man and he stays. my prime assaults the 2nd deamon prince and we tie combat at 1 wound.

Bottom 2:
His dreadnought goes bonkers and runs 16" to assault my poor gaunts who are ripped in half by him and the prince. the defiler moves to close in the assault gap. the 1st squad of noise marines moves up in their rhino but the summoned greater daemon does not show this turn. in assault the prime and the prince tie again 1-1. the stealers finish off the final t-son.

Top 3: the stealers move up to assault the rhino and charge into the deamon prince combat. the zoans and hive guard move to combat the armor wall on my left, and the tyrant and trygon move up. in assault i fail to scratch the rhino (it moved 12") and the deamon prince kills about 2 of my stealers but takes another wound from the trygon. i pass my fearless saves. my tervigon assaults and destroys the crazy ape bonkers dreadnought and moves away from the prince and crew.

Bottom 3: the summoned greater deamon shows and the rhino does not move. his left units shuffle around and shoot at my tervigon wounding it. the action is on the assault in the middle. his deamon charges my broodlord and whiffs, only killing the last of the stealers. The prime slaughters the daemon prince and then focuses on the summoned daemon. i put a wound on him with the broodlord as well and pass my no retreat wounds.

Top 4:
My shooting kills the other lash prince and finishes off the nearest defiler. i spawn 2 large units of gaunts and one breaks for his objective. the other heads towards the back one. the tyrant and trygon move up, along with my rightmost units. in assault the broodlord passes a psy check and hypnotize the greater deamon, then wounds him and the prime slays the mezmerized beast with contemptuous ease. they consolidate forward.

Bottom 4:
He heads for the objectives and shoots at the trygon and zoans, wounding them, but i pass my zoan checks and take a wound on the trygon.

Top 5:
everything moves up, and i make a dash for his objective. my 2 hive guard shoot and wreck the defiler, my zoans wreck a rhino and my trygon assauls the last one, ripping it open. i have all 3 objectives and he has 10 nosie marines left.

Bottom 5: He assaults my trygon with one squad and multi-charges the other with the gaunts. i win handily and thats the game. 28-0.

----------------------------------------

Game 3 vs Blood Angels:

his list is 25 sanguinary guard with dante, mephiston and 2 land speeders with multi-meltas. 1 single priest.

I go first and do the random deployment (which really hurt me this game).

Top 1: Afraid to charge at his power weapons (which was a mistake) i simply shuffle around and wait for him to make the first move, my trygon moves forward. both tervigons spawn gaunts.

Bottom 1:
Mephiston casts wings, fleets and then outright slays my trygon with a force weapon (YIKES!) the other sanguinary guard units all bubble up around the priest for FNP goodness.

Top 2:
My zoans immobilize a speeder, and i dare to go to the middle. the tervigon spawns gaunts next to him and i coral the other unit next to mephiston. the other tervigon spawns a squad as well. i shoot a wound off mephiston and take 2 guard down with shooting from hive guard. my prime moves forward onto the middle point. i assault mephiston and take him down to 2 wounds. he slaughters gaunts and i lose a bunch to fearless. we stay locked.

Bottom 2:
He moves his sang. guard forward and shoots the shit out of my prime who takes 4 wounds but lives, he is out of assault range (he rolls badly on his DT) and mephiston finishes the gaunts in front of him.

Top 3:
I spawn another unit of gaunts and put them in front of mephiston (set up and and he'll knock them down) they shoot and fail to do anything. the prime gets out of cover and butchers a unit of sang. guard. my other units move forward towards the middle and i finish off the immobilized speeder. i charge mephiston and lose all but 1 gaunt, keeping him occupied.

Bottom 3:
He shoots the prime to shit again and kills him. the other sang guard (dante + priest included) all move around and get close to my other unit of gaunts hiding in cover. Mephiston slaughters the gaunt and consolidates forward. the units close to my gaunts assault them and wipe them out.

Top 4:
Without thinking i move my tervigon before spawning so I am out of the guys there and that is a big mistake. the other tevigon spawns a squad and they move for the middle. the hive tryant walks over to the side and waits for his big moment. we roll for mission at the beginning of this turn and get "get within 12" of the middle". the tyrant runs out and casts paroxysm on a unit and assaults them and slaughters the unit.

Bottom 4:
Mephiston charges my tervigon and his other unit of guard move to multi-charge my Hive Guard and tervigon. his other 10 shuffle back with dante and the priest towards the middle. he multi-charges my Hive Guard and tervigon and mephiston only wounds me 2x and cannot pull of a Force weapon. the sang guard fail to wound the hive guard, the tervigon then swings 2 wounds back so combat is tied. the tyrant has his last wound cooked off and dies.

Top 5:
The locked tervigon spawns guys and they line up around combat. my stealers line up to assault in the middle. my other tervigon spawns another squad and the 3 squads it is baby-sitting are all within 15" of the middle point. the gaunts assaut mephiston who cannot pull off a force weapon again and only gets one shot and fails with an 11. (thank you SiTW) the tervigon goes for mephiston and wounds him 2x killing him. the gaunts and hive guard finish the sang guard in that squad. leaving him with 2 squads (including dante) gaunts fleshborer the speeder to death. My stealers assault the last unit of sang guard not in cover and since they took wounds from before they lose a few members but the broodlord lives and brings them down to a single man. I spawn another unit of gaunts, bringing my scoring untis on the board to 7. I move towards the middle.

Bottom 5:
Dante moves onto a fence and loses a member to Dangerous terrain and slaughters a gaunt squad. dante wins assault handily and moves back towards the middle. the last squad of sang guard moves back.

Top 6:
My opponent concedes the primary. we don't play a 6, although he said he wound have picked a unit and killed it but besides that there was nothing he could do to even tie.

I win 15 - 6 after tactical bonuses. gives me 60 battle points on the day, gave me enough to be crowned "Warmaster."

----------------------------------------

Things I noted:
1. I am really good at spawning gaunts
2. Hive Guard and Zoans are worth their weight in gold.
3. Broodlords are probably one of the most underrated units in the codex. That hypnotize power is absolutely amazing. Especially since it doesn't have to go after characters or IC's and isn't one himself, he stopped quite a few bad guys from swinging.
4. Hive Tyrant + Tervigon + Gaunts = Fierce Squad of buggers even when charged.
5. Trygons really hate meltaguns. lol.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by n00bzilla99 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 am

Great job. It seems the Ugly team had the top player and the top painter, but our lower end just couldn't keep up with the other teams lower ends (that's me).

I learned a lot from your list. You definitely have me looking at Broodlords a second time.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby blackbone » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks for the report. That was fun to read.

- Blackbone
Greg D.
Adepticon TT: 2009 - Team Handsome, 2008 - WWFD, 2007 - Xenophilia, 2006 - Greater Goodbar, 2005 - Brutally Kunning, 2004
blackbone

Postby n00bzilla99 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Generalissimo_Fred wrote:Great job. It seems the Ugly team had the top player and the top painter, but our lower end just couldn't keep up with the other teams lower ends (that's me).

I learned a lot from your list. You definitely have me looking at Broodlords a second time.

What really killed us was the 25 point drop off from 3rd to 4th place. Our bottom 5 all had lower scores than the last place on the bad team.

You weren't really at the lower end, Fred you were right in the middle of team, and pretty much were a point under our team average... not too bad.

As for the Broodlords, I would definitely make all of my genestealer broods led by them, the powers they have are minor and relatively ignored but incredibly useful. especially the hypnotic gaze for shutting down a power fist or anything like that.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Return to Battle Reports (40K)