1850pts Flesh Tearers vs. Black Legion round 2

You just finished the best 40K game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

1850pts Flesh Tearers vs. Black Legion round 2

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Greg and I met up at Games Plus for 2 games and this is the second game. My List:

HQ - Gabriel Seth

EL - Chaplain
EL - Furioso Dread

TR - 8 Death Company, 1 powefist, 2 power weapons, Land Raider transport with extra armor
TR - 10 assault marines, 2 meltagun, thunderhammer
TR - 5 Assault Marines, meltagun, razorback with twin-lascannon
TR - 5 Assault Marines, meltagun, razorback with twin-lascannon
TR - Death Company Dread with talons

FA - Baal Predator, Flamestorm cannon, side heavy flamers

HV - Vindicator, dozer blade

Greg brough Black Legion lead by the Despoiler who was gloating over his victory in the previous game,

HQ - Abaddon
HQ - Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, WarpTime
HQ - Greater Daemon

TR - 10 Marines, meltagun, missile, champ, icon of chaos undivided, rhino, havoc launcher
TR - 10 Marines, meltagun, missile, champ, icon of chaos undivided, rhino, havoc launcher
TR - 8 Berzerkers, champ, powerfist, personal icon

HV - Defiler
HV - 3 Obliterators
HV - Land Raider

The mission was 4 Objectives in a pitched battle deployment. We each deployed 2 Objectives close to the deployment zones opposite each other and staggered. They looked like the end points of the letter N, but slanted. Greg went first and deployed a rhino squad just behind each objective on his side. He put the Oblits in a ruin/hill in the center of his deployment zone and the Defiler right behind. The Land Raider with Abbey and Berzerkers was deployed in front of his right objective and the Daemon Prince was behind the LR. I reserved everything.

Top of turn 1

The LR moved forward about 4-6" and the DP followed.

Bottom of turn 1

I bought a diet coke.

Top of turn 2

No Greater Daemon yet and nothing moved.

Bottom of turn 2

I get a razorback squad and the Land Raider of Death Company + Chaplain + Gabriel Seth. I roll on the Razorback on my far left side and behind a ruin. The LR zooms up to the right of the Razorback and towards the Black Legions left most objective. A Lascannon shot pops and chaos rhino behind the left most objective and the guys spill out behind it.

Top of turn 3

The Greater Daemon shows up from the squad which just lost it's ride. The Chaos LR slightly pivots to face the transports and the DP moves up along side of it towards me. Shooting sees the Razorback lose it's twin-linked lascannon and the rest bounces off my LR.

Bottom of turn 3

I get everything exceot the Vindicator. The Baal gets the same far right board edge and zoom up 18" along Gregs board edge again. This time I am behind a ruin and out of LOS to everything except the Defiler. The Two dreads, the other Razorback and the assault squad come on in front of my right most objective which the Chaos LR is across the board from. The assault squad is hugging a hill and mostly out of LOS. On the left side and weaponless Razorback zooms up 18" along the far left board edge and the LR struggles to keep up about a foot closer to the center. Lascannon shots bounce off the Defiler, Rhino and LR.

Top of turn 4

The Chaos LR turns to face the new units in front of it, but still to far to assault into. The LR moves up a little. The DP breaks off from the LR shield and starts to head over to my LR. The GD climbs the left most hill on his way to the Razorback. Shooting whiffs everywhere and we are left wondering what's the big deal about marine shooting.

Bottom of turn 4

The Vindy comes on and joins the fun in front of the chaos LR. Both Dreads are moving up to the LR. The left most razorback drives around the hill the GD is on and gets close to the objective. The LR drives up the hill and the DC get out to assault the GD and Seth gets out another side to assault the chaos troops staning behind their wrecked rhino. The LR body is blocking LOS from the DC to the Defiler and Oblits. In shooting the DC put 2 wounds on the GD and then assault it and it dies to a hideous number of wounds. The LR blows the main gun off the Defiler. Seth whacks 2 CSM and they hold. On the other side the vindy scatters off the chaos LR and the Razorback whiffs against the enemy rhino after moving around a hill and to my far right objective.

Top of turn 5.

The game could end now and Greg has 2 objectives, but both are threatened. I have one objective relatively safe. The LR moves up and Abbey makes his move. The Despoiler jumps out to assault a Furioso by himself. The Oblits come down off the hill and around the left side to get a better view of the DC. The Defiler does the same and preps for a possible assault of something. The DP is still moving towards my LR, taking bolt of change shots as it goes, but failing to do any damage. Shooting sees the DC take 8 Plasma cannon hits. I go to ground with the DC and I'm down to 3 DC left. The Chaos LR immobilises my Vindicator and Abbey immobilies the Furioso who knocks a wound off of him. Seth is laid low this turn by the CSM and they are free to move.

Bottom of 5

I move up the Baal to the Rhino holding an objective. The LR pivots and backs up a bit. The DC are stuck and the weaponless razorback moves over the hill and near the objective. I move the assault squad up and they surround the chaos LR. I also move the DC dread up to 1" away from the LR. During shooting the Vindy scatters off the Rhino and the Razorback shakes it. The Baal is left hanging in the wind in front of the Rhino and I flame it out of spite - no damage. The assault squad fire 2 meltaguns into the LR. One hits and rolls a 3 for armor pen. The DC dread also fire a meltagun into it and misses. I'm left stunned. To make matters worse, Abbey blows up the Furioso and is free to move. I have 1 objective, my far right one, Greg has none. We roll for game and we go on.

Top of turn 6

The chaos LR backs up from the trap, 8 Berserkers get out and wipe out the assault squad and consolidate onto an objective. Abbey moves over to assault the right most razorback on my objective. The Daemon Prince makes it over the LR and assaults it. The Chaos LR blows up the DC dread. In assault the DP immobilises the LR and Abbey does the same to the razorback. The Defiler blows up the razorback on the left most objective and the squad spills out to face 6 twin-linked plasmagun shots from Oblits. Miraculusly two survive and are on the objective. The Rhino squad gets out to shoot a meltagun at the Baal, but they miss.

Bottom of turn 6

Right now Greg has one objective and I have none. I take the Baal and Ram the LR on my Objective. I'm str 9 with my ram and do nothing, but I am contesting the Objective the Berzerkers are on. The Vindicator puts the pie plate on the CSM squad that got out to shoot the Baal. I scatter 2" and hit 8. I kill all 8, but Greg goes to ground and rolls four 6's. They hold. I diembark the Razorback squad in front of Abbey and shoot him. I put 2 wounds on him, bringin him to 1 and assault him. He kills everyone. The DC get up off the ground, shake themselves off and the 3 that are left assault the CSM troops on the far left objective and kill all 5. I'm left claiming that objective. The CSM that survived the Vindicator shot hold one for Greg and the others are contested. We roll and the game ends.

I played this game much better than I did the first one. The Flesh Tearers are fast and I'm using that to my advantage more. I wonder if I shouldn't switch out the twin-las razorbacks for twin-assault cannon ones. The assault cannons will give me more damage potential and I can drive 12" and then fire with them. I love the Lascannon range, but maybe I should try and get closer with them. I'll have to toy with that one.

The DC can be ridiculous on the charge. I'm worried about putting to many points into a Death Star unit. My limit is usually 450pts for a unit, but these guys are riding up over 740pts. I don't like that because one bad thing can cost you a ton of points. At least the unit is sub-divided into 4 other units - the DC, the Chaplain, Seth, the LR. The Vindy had chances to shine all day, but it scattered every shot and most of them were 8"+ scatters. Still the threat of it has been worth something and those scatters will turn to hits eventually.

Another quirky thing from the games was the survivability of both Land Raiders. Every turn they were shot by something yet neither one of them died all day. I mean come on. In turn 5 I had 3 meltaguns surround the LR and they did nothing. On turn 2+3 Greg shot 6-7 Lascannons into my LR and did nothing to. It was crazy. My list needs to be able to survive the death of my LR and I'm not sure it can right now.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby n00bzilla99 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:23 am

In the battle report Fred, you stated at the end that when your Death Company beat the CSM that you were left claiming the objective. Is this due to other marines being around it? Because Death Company do not score. IIRC
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am

In the top of 6 the razorback squad survived 6 twin-linked plasma shots at point blank range. They were left on the objective after the DC wiped out the CSM nearby.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby n00bzilla99 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Ah, I missed that. Gotcha :D
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby khornelord0129 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:43 pm

I would suggest using lemartes. He has been worth every penny used on him. Amazing in combat.
khornelord0129

Postby CaptKaruthors » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Great report. Did you find Seth to be worth his points?
The vet sarge says “OK, screw this!” and turns on his Powerfist again, but the guardsmen get a sudden surge of ape like strength and they bring the marine down in a hail of fists, feet, and feces.
CaptKaruthors

Return to Battle Reports (40K)