New over the top WAAC army list to rule them all.

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

New over the top WAAC army list to rule them all.

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Here is what my mad scientist brain has come up with.

HQ's - Farseer, bike, stones
HQ's - Farseer, bike
8 Warlocks, bikes
Tr - 10 guardians, serpent, Holofields, cannon, scatter laser
Tr - 10 guardians, serpent, Holofields, cannon, scatter lasers
Tr - 3 Jetbikes
Tr - 3 Jetbikes
Hv - Wraithknight
Hv - Wraithknight
Hv - Nightspinner

1850pts of pure death. 6 rolls to get fortune and put it on the Wraithknight to charge forward and shrug off Tau Broadside rounds. Even if the Tau concentrate their full firepower, they won't bring it down. Next turn the renewers from the Warlocks heal wounds back on the wounded Knight and I hit the Tau lines with a fortuned, second healthy Wraithknight. Anybody tries to escape and I've got a 10-man jetseer council to coral the escapees. Meanwhile no one notices the Wave Serpents playing ping away at the cheap units.

So far this list is unbeaten .......... In my mind.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: New over the top WAAC army list to rule them all.

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Ouchy, I don't like the sound of this army.

What kinda invul saves do the Warlocks and Farseers have again, 3+? And what's a Nightspinner do again, some sort of monofilament blast? Then I can come up with a counter-army.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Warlocks and Farseers should have a 2+ armor, 3+ cover and 4+ invulnerable. They may or may not have rerolls to that.

Nightspinner has a str 7-8 indirect fire weapon.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Whoa, a 2+ armor save is awesome, that means the Heldrake couldn't nuke 'em. 4+ invul is amazing too! That's a nasty bad-ass unit. Too bad I don't have Mindstrike missiles, seems like Magnus should've come up with something like that for his chapter.

I will ponder....
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:11 pm

What about Orks, or people who don't play the army of the we(a)k? Still unbeatable against them? :D
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby DaGrippster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Wouldn't do great against a pure horde ork list, but would be fine against any other. And really if you're writing a competitive list to be sure you can beat orks, you're doing it wrong.

I think it's good in a lot of situations, but you really really really need fortune for it to be great. I was thinking of a similar list with the seer council on bikes but no wraithknights. I like the idea of one big scary unit, but 3 is not too many, imo. Their are too many thing that can deal with those wraithknights, or just ignore them. Also, if you're fortuning the wraithknights, guess what is getting shot instead...

Gonna be a rough game against flyers though. Should still be able to win most of the time if you go second and play to the mission.
DaGrippster

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:45 pm

If I wanted to beat Horde Orks I would ally in Dark Eldar for the Baron. He gives the unit hit and run and a 2+ invulnerable for challenges and Klaws. (Rerollable if I get fortune). With 8 rolls on the runes of battle table I should get a destructor or two which when combined with hit and run should do very bad things to horde Orks. I just have not yet gotten into allies. I'm to old school.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Tskruse » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 pm

A flyer heavy list might do okay? If you can take care of those Serpents then there wouldn't be too much fire coming back at them.
Check out my stuff on CMON!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/browseid/6668684

***I accept commissions. Just send me a personal message***
Tskruse

Return to Army Lists (40K)