Thousand Sons, why so sad?

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Thousand Sons, why so sad?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I've heard and read many discussions about Thousand Sons just completely nerfed and sucking because they're more expensive and less effective. Why do people think this?

They are actually cheaper than before, still being 23 points each, still Fearless, LD10, AP3 bolters, and the Sorcerer is only 35 points (included in the basic unit cost) and comes with a power, although it has to be a Tzeentch power. I think they could achieve about the same MEQ killing in a round of firing that a Heldrake could, although they don't ignore cover saves like a Heldrake; but they are also scoring units with a Sorcerer HQ, can't be 1-shotted like a Heldrake....The Icon of Flame may be worth it too, for the extra wounds it could maybe do to weaker hordes units, etc.

So I would probably not take more than a single unit, but I think the Sons are still a viable Troops option, maybe even worth a look as an Elites choice, rather than using a Heldrake, seeing as how that gets shot down the 2nd turn it comes in almost every game I play.
Lord Krungharr

Re: Thousand Sons, why so sad?

Postby rosco » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

it's the slow and purp. that kicks them in the balls. no running, no overwatch. kinda hurts like hell when you need to really get somewhere or thin out people charging them.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Re: Thousand Sons, why so sad?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah, those are good features of normal and purposeless units. But I guess they've always been SnP, so I"m used to it; but that Overwatch rule is certainly handy, especially if they were nominated to Infiltrate via Ahriman or Huron.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)