Nurgle 1850 with the new codex

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Nurgle 1850 with the new codex

Postby RAMSEY » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm

First list with the new codex. Let me know what you think.

Typhus
Epidemus
PM x7 melta, flamer, PF,PP,Blight G Rhino EA
Cultist/Zombies x 14
Oblits x2 MoN
Oblits x2 MoN
Vindi DP, DB
Helldrake
Total 1849
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: Nurgle 1850 with the new codex

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I think you don't even need Epidemius in this list. Zombies don't have the Mark of Nurgle (that would be an option, they can't take options besides extra Zombies). Typhus would be better deepstriking with other Terminators, and use a crapload of Zombies, like 3 units of 35.

If you do want to take Epidemius, give him some Plaguebearers, as he's to easy to kill all alone, plus the Plaguers are a solid scoring unit too, and full benefit from the Tally buffs.

Also, for the Tally, the flying Daemon Princes or Bike Lords, and long range fire are the ways to jack up the Tally quickly, hopefully by the end of Turn 3 you'd have 20 wounds or more. Oblits and/or Havocs work well, since vehicles (unfortunately) can't get the Marks. But if you do want the Heldrake (a great model on the table), take the Hades autocannon to pop vehicles, then the Nurgleys can assault the Troops inside to get kills for the Tally.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Zero_Cool » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 pm

RAMSEY wrote:First list with the new codex. Let me know what you think.

Typhus
Epidemus
Cultist/Zombies x 14
Oblits x2 MoN
Oblits x2 MoN
Vindi DP, DB
Helldrake
Total 1849

Don't you need a troops choice from the Demon allies?
Theme sir... Theme and style - Chubs
Zero_Cool

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh yeah, duh! Definitely join Epi to the Plaguebearers as a single unit. Then your preferred wave is either the single unit comes in 1st Turn, or not. Even when he doesn't come in til turn 3, which has happened to me twice, the Nurgle army overall is still really tough and surprisingly balanced.

Sticking with all Plague Marines is actually good for the Chaos Marines detachment Troops. Although 35 Nurgle Cultists will have a bunch of S3 shots if you give them lasguns (3 heavy stubbers would be good too), then you gotta spend 80 points on a Nurgle Lord to keep them Fearless.

The Tally list works best with big fast heavy hitters spearpointing, followed by Plague Marines, with long range fire from Oblits/Havocs in every turn, hopefully popping open transports. Then by the time the little swarms (Cultists and/or Nurglings) come along, they will wound on 2+ ignoring armor saves. That's the theory, and often times it works out with amazing results.

My other theory is that the new Daemons Codex will completely screw over Epidemius, like Fateweaver, and he will only affect Daemons Codex models. So use him whilst he's good.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)