BeakyCon 2012 1999pt List

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

BeakyCon 2012 1999pt List

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

So here's what I came up with for my Daemons/Traitor Guard list, which I submitted by September 1st, so now I can't change it. Kinda dum policy they have making us finalize the lists a month in advance but oh well, here goes:

HQ: Bloodthirster/Might/Blessing
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch/Chariot/Icon/Bolt/Master
T1: Horrors x 9/Bolt/Icon
T2: Horrors x 8/Bolt/Changeling
T3: Plaguers x 5
Elites 1: Flamers x 4/Pyrocaster
Elites 2: Flamers x 4/Pyrocaster

Aegis Line/Quad Gun

HQ: Company Command/Camo/Regimental Standard/Astropath/Master of the Fleet
T1: Platoon Command/Bolt Pistol/4 x Grenade Launchers
Infantry Squad/Bolt Pistol
Infantry Squad/Bolt Pistol/Melta Gun
Heavy Weapon Team/3x Lascannons
Heavy Weapon Team/3 x Missile Launchers
Elites: Marbo
Fast Attack: Vendetta
Heavy: Manticore/Camo

I've had good luck until I faced a drop pod army, which melta gunned my Manticore (the dude landed inside the walls to avoid my cover save), and flamered my entire Company Command Squad (no cover from flames!). So since I can't change my list I will have to be careful about exposure to such events again, but does anyone take Carapace armor for their Imperial Guard? Of course not every army has Deepstriking stuff.
I was going to keep an Infantry Squad in the Vendetta for dropping in somewhere depending on the mission. Any other thoughts for future improvements? I want to try out the Medusa Siege Gun too with covered cockpit and camo also (with Bastion Breacher shells of course).
Lord Krungharr

Re: BeakyCon 2012 1999pt List

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:11 pm

I always felt carapace armor on guard was something to buy if you had extra points. I feel the marine player got extra lucky with his drop pod landing in your line. While I like Marbo he is kind of a one trick pony. Have you tried switching the lascannons and missles to auto cannons? With hull points all you need to do is glance things to death, and autocannons can soften up those tough units.
Crumpsky

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Autocannons sound like a really nice option, and cheaper too. And if I remember to actually give Orders that would be a crapload of twin-linked S7 shots :)
I could get probably 3 autocannon teams if I dropped Marbo, although I really like using him, plus my model for him looks like Arnold in Predator.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I love using marbo too, I tend to throw him in lists if I have the slot open and the points. He is just way too fun. Orders+Autocannons are pretty nasty and its always fun rolling more dice :D
Crumpsky

Return to Army Lists (40K)