New Chaos Marines and Daemons Allied List

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

New Chaos Marines and Daemons Allied List

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm

So here's what I've been practicing with for Satyrday's upcoming Feast of Blades qualifier down here in Fort Myers, FL (1,999 points with a +1 point okay, so no 2nd FOC). Thus far it's done very well against a variety of armies, and it's finally granted me my first victories ever over the damn Blood Angels and Grey Knights, so that alone has made it worth fielding.
As always the major weakness is scoring units but see what you think:

HQ1,2: Lash Sorcerers
T1: 7xPlaguemarines /2meltaguns/personal icon/ Rhino
T2: 7xPlaguemarines /2plasmaguns/personal icon/ Rhino
T3: 8xThousandSons/personal icon/aspiring sorcerer/ doombolt traded for Psychic Shriek/ rhino (expensive unit but worth it thus far)
Heavy1,2: 2xOblits
Heavy3: Vindicator /Daemonic Possession

Fortifications: Aegis Defense Line/Quad Gun (usually manned by Plague Marines on an objective)

Allied Detachment: Daemons

HQa,b: Herald of Tzeentch/Chariot/Bolt/Breath/Master of Sorcery
T: 6xPlaguebearers
Elites: 3xFlamers

The synergy of the double-Lash with the pie-plate and Breath templates is amazing, especially now that I can drop in my Heralds and Flamers with precision thanks to the Chaos Marine personal Icons, which also help the Obliterator plasma cannons. However it should be noted I haven't played against Orks, Tyranids, Necrons, Daemons, or Deathwing Stormshield spam yet; any of those could give me trouble. But perhaps on Satyrday we will find out!
For those who haven't tried a Quad Gun and don't have Flyers (who can choose to shoot down other flyers with Skyfire), I highly recommend the Aegis Line/Quad Gun. It's proven invaluable to me in nailing Storm Ravens right after they come in from Reserves preventing all the shooting, which makes those opponents very sad and irritated. The Interceptor rule kicks arse for that reason alone, and if they choose to evade, they probably won't be hitting much in their shooting phase anyway. It also looks cool on the table.
Lord Krungharr

Re: New Chaos Marines and Daemons Allied List

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:20 am

Looks good and good luck this Saturday. Go Chaos!
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: New Chaos Marines and Daemons Allied List

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks, Fred! I'll try to jot down and/or remember enough for at least 1 battle report. I need video camera glasses, that would help.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)