Space Marine White Scars Bike Squads

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Space Marine White Scars Bike Squads

Postby turbo tj » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:32 am

Hey,
Just wanted to find out how people are doing when using White Scars and Bike Squads.
I'm just trying to make sure I do it right so I don't get called on for cheating or anything next time I do a tournament.

What's have you found best in using Bike Squads and Attack Bike Squads?
Can you still get the Bike Squads as Troops if you don't take a Captain on a bike but go with a Chaplain or Librarian on a bike?
What special abilties are the main focus for White Scar armies now?
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Re: Space Marine White Scars Bike Squads

Postby GregSwanson » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm

In order to get bike squads as troops you must have either Khan on Moondrakken or a captain on a bike. The only special abilities are the ability to take bike squads (only bike squads not attack bikes or scout bikes as troops) and if Khan is taken he gives every unit with combat tactics the ability to outflank. He gives the unit he is attached to furious charge and hit and run. Check out the white scars blog for more info.
http://whitescars-army.blogspot.com/
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby turbo tj » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks Dude.
I had no idea how much the White Scars are limited now. Oh well, need to make changes to the army then.

What army list do you use for your White Scars? (1500, 1850,2000, Apocolypse)
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Postby GregSwanson » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't play apocalypse I usually use Khan and a command squad. I think my last AWC tourney I won overall with the bikes. I ran Khan, command squad with all the trimmings, Libby on a bike with avenger and null zone 1 full bike squad with 2 melta, mm attack bike pf, 2 five man bike squads with multi melta attack bike one with plasma and combi plasma or with melta and combi melta, tact squad in razorback 2 typhoons 3 heavy bolter attack bikes and a predator.
Last edited by GregSwanson on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby turbo tj » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Cool!
I was reading on the forum about the different formats to use. Before the rules changed I was using 7-8 man Bike Squads with a Attack Bike with Multi-Melta. Now, i've widdled my squads down, though I still use the max amount of guys and a Attack Bike.
My Army is acutally one of the Succession/2nd founding chapters like the Storm Lords. It's an actual chapter called The Destroyers. I have my own color scheme and chapter symbols because the chapter doesn't actually have one listed under GW's fluff or books. I'm working on combining my army with a White Scars for a Apocalypse size army. I'll post the list soon. The army is assembled and primed but the White Scar half still has to be painted. I was going to send them out to Blue Table Painting cause they did a AWESOME job on a Whrilwind I sent in. I just have to save money now for it. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YF_5oF1vKwNfaqm54QIJwtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

When I post up the list I would appreciate any suggestions.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Postby turbo tj » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 am

Here's my list as of right now.

Space Marine Captain - Bike, Iron Halo, Pistol & PW
Command Squad - Bikes: 2 Veterans, Standard Bearer & Apothecary, Pistol/Chainsword, Champion, Storm Shield,Pistol, Power Weapon
Space Marine Chapter Master - Bike, Pistol & PW
Command Squad - Bikes: 2 Veterans, Standard Bearer & Apothecary, Pistol/Chainsword, Champion, Storm Shield,Pistol, Power Weapon
Chaplin - Bike PW, PF
Chaplin - Jumppack PW, PF
Bike Squad - 6 bikes, Plamsa & Melta,Attack Bike Melta, Sgt.Plasma
Bike Squad - 6 bikes, Plamsa & Melta,Attack Bike Melta, Sgt.PW
Bike Squad - 6 bikes, Plamsa & Melta,Attack Bike Melta, Sgt.PW
Assault Squad - 4,Jump packs,Pistol/Chainsword Sgt.PF & PW, Melta bombs
Assault Squad - 4,Jump packs,Pistol/Chainsword Sgt.PF & pistol, Melta bombs
Assault Squad - 5,Jump packs,Pistol/Chainsword Sgt.Pistol & PW, Melta bombs
Devastator - 4, Lascannon,Missle, Plasma cannon,Sgt.PF, Razorback, TL Lascannon
Veteran (Sterguard) Squad - 8,StormBolter, Heavy Bolter, Plasma gun, Sgt. PF, Rhino
Veteran (Vanguard) Squad - 6 Pistol/Chainsword, Sgt. PW & PF, Rhino
Tactical Squad - 9, Missle & Plasma gun, Sgt. Pistol/Chainsword, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad - 9, Missle & Plasma gun, Sgt. Pistol/Chainsword, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad - 9, Missle & Plasma gun, Sgt. Pistol/Chainsword, Rhino
Tactical Squad - 9, Bolters, Sgt. Pistol/Chainsword, Storm Raven
Land Speeder - Multimelta, Typhoon
Land Speeder - H Bolter, Assault cannon
Land Speeder - H Bolter, Assault cannon
Predator Asassin Squadron - 3 Predators TL Lascannon, 2 Lascannon
Suppression Force - 2 Whirlwinds (Vengence & Incendiary missles) Land Speeder - Melta & Typhoon

Below is a list to my gallery of what my Destroyers Chapter looks like and the beginning of my White Scars. My Chapter Master is actually going to be riding Chariot style with my ATV Attack Bike. You'll see the custom job in the Gallery. https://picasaweb.google.com/105252200334963444667/MyGWWarhammer40000SpaceMarineMiniatures?authuser=0&feat=directlink
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Return to Army Lists (40K)