Space Wolf Combat Patrol

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Space Wolf Combat Patrol

Postby JonnyP » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 am

I'm just getting back into 40k after some time off. I'm playing Combat Patrol at Adepticon.

I noticed that 2+ armour save models are now allowed so I figure this gives me a chance to paint up some Terminators.

Is this a viable list?

3 Wolf Guard Terminators (2 with twin Wolf Claws, 1 with Wolf Claw/Storm Bolter)
3 Wolf Guard Terminators (2 with twin Wolf Claws, 1 with Power Weapon/Storm Bolter)
5 Grey Hunters (4 with bolters/close combat weapon, 1 with flamer/close combat weapon)
they are inside Rhino with two storm bolters and extra armour

398 pts

Idea is Terminators just try and kick ass and absorb fire. Rhino/Grey Hunter gets objectives.
JonnyP

Re: Space Wolf Combat Patrol

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm

I would have to say no, due to the fact that the strength of your codex is the amount of bodies you can take vs other marine codexes.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:37 pm

It could. On the storm bolter guys maybe drop the claw and pw in favor of a SS. The 3+ invul is more favorable than the 5+. I dont have my codex with me atm, but how much is adding the double storm bolters and extra armor? I would say ditch that and try and get a couple more hunters in that unit.
Crumpsky

Postby Chubs » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 pm

I like your idea of the wolf claw killer, very stabby for CP.

Have you considered running a Lone wolf or Two? Could give your army the CC buff without the full investment of the wolfguard.

Personally, 25 Grey Hunters would be pretty buck.

At 400 pts, most army don't have redundant units, but really take what ever you think would do well.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby Crumpsky » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 am

I like Tyler's suggestion of the long wolf. Im pretty sure 1 lone wolf with chain fist and storm shield runs around 85ish points(but thats for a tank killing LW). They will probably be cheaper to get with other equipment, which frees up more room for more GH.
Crumpsky

Postby JonnyP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys!
JonnyP

Return to Army Lists (40K)