My first army.

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

My first army.

Postby Baron McCheese » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi everybody this is my first post here on awc. I stopped playing 40k at the release of 5th edition and sold all my armies and have decided to get back into the game. Although this is not actually my first army, sorry for lying lol, I wrote a 1000 point army for necrons and plan to use models that are cheaper to buy. No vehicles or monoliths yet.

Hq -Destroyer Lord
Res Orb, Warscythe, Semipaternal Weave, Tachyon Arrow

Troops - 7 Warriors

Troops - 7 Warriors

Troops - 5 Immortals
Gauss Blasters

Troops - 5 Immortals
Tesla Carbinies

Elites - 5 Deathmarks
Synaptic Disintegrators

Fast Attack - 4 Destroyers
2 Cannons, 2 Heavy Cannons

Fast Attack - 3 Wraiths
Pistols, Whip Coils

The general theme would be to have a large number of squads try to take over as many objectives as possible. I would use the deathmarks to take out any obnoxious Hq or elites choice my opponents takes. The destroyers can go around killing tanks or any armor or heavy units, although I don't expect to see a lot of vehicles in 1000pt lists. Wraiths could help in close combat situations I might need to get into, and the Destoyer Lord could keep up with them and the other Destoyers' mobility.

I Dont know if the tachyon arrow is worth it, since 30 points can be used elsewhere. Im pretty set with what I want but am open to suggestions. Perhaps saving some points somwhere in order to add an extra wraith, destroyer, or attaching crypecks to some units. Any help would be appreciated.
Baron McCheese

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi, I'm not sure about Necrons as I don't have that army, but if you ever would like to practice against Chaos or Daemons please let me know. I haven't played against them with their new codex (and only once with their last codex).

from Nathan
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)