Ard Boyz list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Ard Boyz list

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm

I think Ive settled on a list for Ard Boyz. I built this list before the missions came out, but I dont think Ill change anything. After seeing my deamon lists get trashed by Dark ELdar and Grey Knights the last few months Ill have to shelf them for now. I would love to run my Crons, but would really regret it if I draw Wolves and Guard, so that left me with BLood Angels.

My brother decided he was taking them first so he got first choice of models, so I had to make a list out of whats left.

HQ
Dante
Libby (sheild, preferred enemy)

Elite
10 Termies (6 th/ss 4 claws)
Land Raider Redeemer
2 Priests (1 has jump pack other is on foot)
1 chaplain (jump pack)

Troops
10 Assault marines (2 melta, TH, jump packs)
5 Assault marines (flamer/ power weapon)
Land Raider
5 Assault marines (flamer)
Land Raider

Fast
2 x Attack bikes (MM)
2 x Attack bikes (MM)

Heavy
Dev Squad (plasma cannons for all)

Priest and libby go in Redeemer with termies. 5 other termies foot slog, or steal anothe land raider for a ride. I stole the idea for the plasma cannons from Tony since he said they had been successful for his wolves, and they work fairly well thinning out a squad if I can crack a transport. Not only that they do well vs DE and Knights.

Dante and all the jump pack charachters doesnt seem like much but that unit just decimates things on the charge and has H + R to avoid getting tied up, chappy is their to make them fearless since I cant afford to have Dante and his unit break.

Im a little nervous with 3 land raiders against dropping dreads and lances, but I have yet to lose all 3 raiders in a gmae, and usually 1 is undamaged.

Ill see how it goes, but wanted to know any suggestions people had as a lot of you play the Blood Angels. 1 Consideration I have is replacing a raider with a stormraven for the points, but dont know which raider Im willing to lose since the god hammers sit and shoot and the termies have the flame cannons.

Note: I can not use dreads, Mephy, or any razors.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Come on now this is Ard Boyz. You can show up with a Nurgle army and play it as a 'counts as' Space Wolf list. Take that librarian and say he's Bob the Librarian and his backstory matches Mephiston. Now you have Mephiston.

Seriously your brother didn't leave you much. What happened to your bugs? I would stick with the 3 Land raiders. You don't have a big enough threat to put into a Stormraven to make it worthwhile.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:06 pm

True I forgot about the counts as nonsense these days.

Kurt and I have just seen DE and Knights walk through the bugs a few too many times, and the store Im going to in Green Bay is known for sparce terrain, and that does not bode well for the Bugs.

I tried a test game vs a pretty good Dark Eldar player today, and 2 land raiders survived. Problem was, nothing else did. I should have reserved everything, but chose to see how bad it would be deploying some and reserving some, and yeah, it was bad. It was the objective mission though, my weakest mission possibly, and I gave him first turn to see what I could do. Some key flickerfields kept his ravangers alive just long enough to be a real pain.
Norbu the Destroyer

Return to Army Lists (40K)