2000 Deamons for Wargamescon

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

2000 Deamons for Wargamescon

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

This is what Im taking to Wargamescon. I still have not beaten Dark Eldar, so I have 3 Heralds of Tzeentch with the ability to fire at 2 seperate vehicles, and 3 grinders, as walkers give that army trouble. Other than that I just hope I dont face DE.

HQ
Skulltaker (jugg.)
3 x Herald of Tzeentch (chariot, multi shot, extra shot, bolt)

Elite
6 fiends (1 w/ might)
6 Fiends (same)
5 Crushers (full cmd.)

Troops
5 Plague bearers
5 Horrors with bolt/changeling
5 horrors w/ bolt

Fast
6 x screamers

Heavy
3 x grinders (Tongue)- S10 AP1 shot

That's it. A little spammier than I run my deamons, but I need something to counter the venom spam in case I draw Dash. Skulltaker is for dreadknights. Also I hope a warpquake heavy grey knight list doesn't show up.

I think the deamons are a bit of a risk against the two latest codices, but really eat up the MEQ. Even grey knights can have problems if they go Paladin, or purifier heavy.

Suggestions for Dark Eldar are welcome.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Elthniar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Hans man I am having the same problem with DE I cannot beat them with the craftworld variety. I think in an objective game you have to bite the bullet and just go for their troops. They are fragile units, the problem is there are so many of them! But if you can focus on the troops and kill them before they start accumulating tokens, you will put yourself in a good position.
Elthniar

Return to Army Lists (40K)