1750 Nids for Friday Tournament

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1750 Nids for Friday Tournament

Postby Zero_Cool » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 am

Greetings all! It's been a while since I posted but I have a 3 game tourny tomorrow and I wanted to share what I am planning to throw down. Games will most likely be straight out of the book for deployment and scenario.

I played Kan Wall Orks at the 1000 and Blood Angels at the 1250 so I want to let the Tyranids out for this one. I have played only one game with the Swarmlord and none with the Mycetic Spore that I built so I wanted to give them a try. Here goes:

Swarmlord
2x Tyrant Guard w/lashwhips
Tervigon w/"feel no pain" power
Doom in pod w/Cluster Spines
2 Hive Guard
2 Hive Guard
12 Genestealers w/toxin
12 Genestealers w/toxin
25 Hormagaunts w/toxin
Trygon w/adrenal glands

I could drop 5 Hormagaunts and some other points to add in 10 Termagants and make the Tervigon a troop choice. Probably better if I do as that will give me a T6 objective holder, but I like the reduced # of Kill points and there is just something cool about 25 Furious charging, feel-no-pain toxin hoppies charging across the field. Either way I don't think I will be using the outflank ability granted by the Swarmlord.

The Dark Eldar player who won the last one at 1250 over a Tyranid monter mash list will be there so I think I am in for some trouble with that one.

What do you think?

I'll post up results when the event is through.

Thanks
Chris
Theme sir... Theme and style - Chubs
Zero_Cool

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 am

Get the 10 termagants in there to make the Tervigon a troop choice and then kick that emo-elf player where the sun don't shine. Go Bugs!
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Zero_Cool » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:09 am

So I switched in the 10 termagants and made the Tervigon a troop. Here's how it went:

This tourny used a random occurance rolled for at the beginning of each turn. On a die rom of 1-3 ALL of your units moved d6" in a random direction (moved as if arriving via deepstrike so if they moved into terrain each model would take a dangerous terrain test). On a 4-6 EACH piece of terrain moves d6" in a random direction (if they landed on a unit each model would be treated to a dangerous terrain test). If you had models in a piece of terrain that moved they were move with it. If the random movement of either a unit or terrain piece took them off a board edge then they were placed coming in from the opposite table edge (the one on the other side of the table).

Games were played with 12" deployments and "Skull Points" (you get victory points for every individual model you kill and double for the opponents HQ.

I went 2-1 (lost my first game to Mech IG) and finish a few points behind the 2nd place finisher for a 3rd place with just over 3900 skull points. Winner was the IG player I played first round with over 4200 (he got 1700 of those from me round 1).

I did not have to play the DE (which would have gone terribly) and I had difficulty all day with stopping tanks (as you would imagine).

And I believe the Swarmlord took atleast 2 wounds each game from dangerous terrain landing on him (he survived only the 2nd game).

Things I learned: Feel no pain Hormagaunts were useful and I have a lot to learn about mixing the powers of the tyrants and tervigons. Doom in the pod was not nearly as devastating as it is made out to be. In fact the second game he caused ZERO wound even though he lived for 5 turns (CSM player kept rolling under 10 on 3 dice each time he needed to).
Theme sir... Theme and style - Chubs
Zero_Cool

Return to Army Lists (40K)