Potential Tournament Obliterator List at 1850

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Potential Tournament Obliterator List at 1850

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I just got all my 9 Obliterators assembled and ready to paint, so here's what I came up with....hard to field 9 without sucking points dry but I gotta try all 9 at least once:)

HQ 1,2: 2 Lash Winged Daemon Princes

Troops1,2: Plague Marines x 5/Rhino/MeltaGuns x 2
Troops 3: Plague Marines x 5/Rhino/Flamers x 2/ Aspiring Champion
Troops 4: Plague Marines x 5/Rhino/Plasma Guns x 2/ Aspiring Champion

Heavy Support 1,2,3: Obliterators x 3

Greater Daemon

Plus I'd throw a couple Personal Icons in the Troops too, and I think I would still have room for another Champion with a Fist if needed, or perhaps some Havoc Launchers or Combi-Weapons on the Rhinos.
Anyone else try the 9 Oblit list? Seems like with the Lashes and Plasma Cannons that they could erase Terminators, and with luck, even Paladins!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Careful trying to target the Paladins with Lash. You'll be minus 1 to leadership (minus 4 if a dread is near by).

I'm not sure you need the GD. I might take those points and add more Plague Marines to my units. Nix the Champions and toss those points into more Plague Marines also.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Kuma » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 am

arent the lash princes great for rounding up infantry for those little plates those oblits can toss ?
Kuma

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 am

Great list I would drop the greater daemon and one unit of plague marines.

Try to get a Khorn bezerker unit (Counter attack)

And a unit of lesser daemons as a bait or support unit.

This is my old Chaos list that I had before my house fire...Haven't played with it for years but I faced it at the Seige event with a 200 model ork army and it rocked my face.

Real fun stuff
YeezyMozart

Postby brendan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm

doesn't the greater demon need an aspiring champion to be summoned into?
brendan

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm

I would have the 2 Aspiring Champs in the Plague Marines units for the Greater Daemon to be summoned. I do like having the monster be able to assault right when he comes in too, of course gotta have a Champ in range to something I want to smush.

The Berzerkers would be a good alternative to the Greater Daemon, but they get pricy, and if not in a Land Raider then hard to get the charge on someone. I'll play with it though, it's good to have a scoring unit in there if possible. And if I can add the Lesser Daemons my Furies or Daemonettes will get some table time....they never come out when I field my Daemons because they suck so much, but they look so nice:)

But yeah, the double Lash really annoys opponents with great effect:) I guess the GW just ruled that Oblits are in fact Daemons, but I don't see that affecting too much of what they can do.

Thanks for the tips!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)