Orks Gladiator List ??? Need help

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Orks Gladiator List ??? Need help

Postby YeezyMozart » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey everyone!

I have been trying to come up with a list for the gladiator for orks...

Basically I want to use the Goff Klaw stompa in reloaded the 450 pts one.

Other then him I know I will need at least one Big Mek with Kustom force field and some Grot orderlies.

What should I go with to fill out the rest of the 1750pts? Bunch of boys? Nob bikers? Lootas? Kopptas? Battlewagons? killa Kans? Dreadnoughts? Not sure?

Any advice is appreciated
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Crumpsky » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Alan I think it depends on how you want to play.

Horde orks can be a pain to deal with for both people. It will take valuable time from the game which could hinder your opponent and possibly yourself. You know you wont have problems claiming objectives.

Bikers are still nasty, however I believe they are easier to deal with now. But a greenskin on a bike still scares the shit out of me when I see it across the table.

I would go with something that you will have fun playing with and you can win with. If you do a spam of vehicles like Bwagons or dreads and cans it will saturate the field with things to shoot at giving you stompa a little breathing room.

Look at something that is synergistic with your stompa. You know you are using it, find something to mesh with it and you will be golden pony boy.
Crumpsky

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I think the key is really going for target saturation. If you're running the stompa, run other high AV things. If they shoot the wagons, they're not shooting the stompa, and vice versa.

If you have a ton of orks on foot and a stompa, all the lascannons will be aimed at the stompa, and the flamers at the foot boyz.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 am

Big Mek
Kustom Force Feild and 3 Grot helpers

Boss
ON BIKE
Powerclaw
Attack Squig
Cyborg

7 Lootas
1 Mek

7 Lootas
1 Mek

Troops

25 Boys
Nob Powerclaw Bosspole

25 Boys
Nob Powerclaw Bosspole

Nob bikers X5
Power claw Waagh Banner
Powerclaw bosspole
Painboy
Ugge choppa
Regular

Dread
2 Big Shootas

Heavy Support

Goffklawstompa

SIDE BARS

Lifta Droppa Battle wagon

1 Death koppta with Buzz saw

28 Boys
Nob Powerclaw Bosspole

Other side Bar (Tyranid player or Deamon Player/ No vehicles)

30 Boys
Nob Powerclaw Bosspole

30 boys
Nob Powerclaw Bosspole

1 Death koppta with Buzz saw

I love the side bars and I think the list looks like fun so I am happy with it. I think that the bikers and the liffta droppa will attract some of the big gun firepower from my opponent.

Lootas will sit in the back with the mek in base with the liffta droppa to be able to repair it if he has too.

Big mek in the stompa with a squad of boys...why not sounds like fun.

Games where I play no vehciles leave the lifta droppa at home and get another 60 boys.

I know I am screwed against a titan but if I go first and he doesn't take out the Stompa turn two I charge and I will kill his titan with the Goffklaw for sure.

I would love to play test against the big birdo and see if I can do anything but it would be a rough game most likely.

Any who this is a fun yet semi competitive list I really wanted to take the belly gun but I would get rocked most likely in my games the stompa would never make his points back if i put that much into him at 450 he is a steal and I would probably be mad at myself for taking him if he was closer to 1000pts.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

YeezyMozart

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 am

I think it's a fun list. You'll have a lot of fun with the assault stompa and the turn he wrecks something big in combat will be a lot of fun. Only downside is he's going to get worked once he destroys something in shooting since he'll be deployed so far forward.

But for 450 points, why not? It'll be a blast and will scare the crap out of your opponent.

I'm trying to fit Snikrot in one of my sidebars. I think he really plays with your opponent mentally, plus the mission where there is a void grenade - he's a perfect thrower.

Do you find the solo kopta with buzzsaw worth it?

BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey Brian Thanks for the imput... yea I will have to pick my targets correctly with the stompa but he should be able to make some points back in most games. I don't see him going down too easy regardless of proximity it's just D weapons that will wreck his day.

I have run stompas before with the mek inside and they just don't seem to go down to normal weapon fire very easy. Especially with the 4+ and then also the fact that the mek repairs stuff from inside. With him and the lifta and the bikers there are a lot of targets out there doing damage. :D

I love the single death koppta in normal games not sure what else I would take in the side bars. But in regular games of 1850 i never leave home with out one. They are great Ork alpha strike. and if I have too keep the lowest point unit alive he is in reserve I sneak him on later and hide him and the opponent usually completely forgets. Otherwise the big mek will be the lowest point unit and an HQ so he will be easier to take out since I need him on the field of battle.

I also had a question regarding the stompas rules....when he destroys a vehicle he throws it like a lifta droppa...Does this only work for when the vehicle is a wreck not explodes?

Also what if I wreck a vehicle and there are guys inside do I throw them too?

Would they get out where the wreck lands?

What if I position the vehicle somewhere along the line and they can't physically get out? Do they die?

YeezyMozart

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Hey, B-Rad, if you would like to practice against my Big Birdo list lemme know...I can do any night except Thursday (work late that day)...I work Saturdays til 4.
That would be a crapload of Boyz to face!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)