1850 Dark Eldar Wych list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 Dark Eldar Wych list

Postby allen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

All, before I buy anything can you tell me what you think about the Dark Edlar Wych list:

HQ
Lelith Hesperax - 175
Succubus with venom blade and haywire grenades - 75

Elite
10 Hekatrix Bloodbrides with haywire grenades for everyone, and three shardnet and impalers, Hekatrix with agonizer - 190
10 Hekatrix Bloodbrides - same as above - 190

Troops
15 Wyches with Hekatrix - 160
15 Wyches with Hekatrix - 160
15 Wyches, haywire grenades, three shardnet and impalers, hekatrix with venom blade - 225
15 Wyches - same as above - 225

1850 pts

I prefer to use a lot of models as vehicles are expensive and the ones in the Dark Eldar army pop like ballons anyway. Figure I will be in combat anyway by turn three at the latest with the fleet rule. The two squads with just the Hekatrix will be the screeners. I'll have enough splinter pistol shots to attempt to take down T7 or greater models.

And who wouldn't want Hesperax in their army? :D

If only the Eldar would stop crying about their dying race and start reproducing they would have enough numbers to stave off extinction! :lol:

allen
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby Zero_Cool » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm

From my experience playing against DE:

Agonizers are brutal - take those over venom blades.

Haemonculus for the pain token are awesome for Wych units. Attach 1 to each of your screen units at the beginning of the game, drop off the pain token giving the unit FNP and then leave in the movement phase so the unit can still fleet. This gives your screens a 4+ FNP and the units behind a 4++ cover save.

You will struggle against mechanized forces even with the haywire grenades. A smart mech player will will tank shock you into groups and flame your 6+ save wyches with impunity. Add a few Blasters and you not only deter the tack shock but you now have a way to crack the outer shell to get to the chewy insides of transports.

If you don't want to include the Haemonculi - maybe the Chronos would work as well. Dishing out pain tokens and a monterous creature to boot, sounds tasty to me.
Zero_Cool

Postby seahawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 am

Mech, flamers, and probably a whirlwind means your ladies get squished. I honestly would get those paper kites to fly around in, as at least that gets you in their face before you die.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby preusser07 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm

i have been playing with alot of lists, and the issue with the foot sloggin wyches is t3 6+ save is to weak to stand up to any list with decent shooting. you will be in combat by turn 3, but what would you have done to the enemy in turns 1 and 2? vs what did he do to you? you would have lost a considerable amount of your wyches. you are very dependent on combat drugs result. and should proable try to fit the duke for that reason, cause fnp on all your units would be the only real reason to make this list a threat. need some sort of range in this list. be it a few ravagers, scourges w lances, or trueborn blaster spam. I think you are thinking that the wyches can be like footsloggin orks. but orks are cheaper, can hide a powerclaw, be fearless with there numbers, and have mass shooting from the backlines with a cheap and durable elite choice.
i like venom blades as they are cheap and effective. vs the point cost of agonizers.
preusser07

Postby allen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Let's try this:
I drop the squads from 15 to 10 and drop one hekatrix from each squad as well as drop the shardnets and impalers.

I give the succubus the agonizer instead of the venom blade.

And then I take eight raiders all with night shields and enhanced aethersails.

So the revised list goes like this:
HQ
Lelith Hesperax - 175
Succubus with agonizer and haywire grenades - 90

Elite
9 Hekatrix bloodbrides with Syren with agonizer, raider with night shields and enhanced aethersails - 222
9 Hekatrix bloodbrides - same as above - 222

Troops
10 wyches, hekatrix with venom blade, raider with enhanced aethersails and night shield - 190
10 wyches - same as above - 190
total: 1849

Since raiders are brittle I'll keep the upgrades to the minimum and on the first turn go anywhere from 26" to 36". Hope the night shields will help in preventing at least 2/3 of the squad from being lost if the raider is destroyed.

And I'll keep the hekatrix bloodbrides at nine so I can make room for the characters. And keep the options at minimum to keep a good number of models on the table as I like horde armies.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby Depayen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

Instead of night shield go with flicker fields. It will benefit you a lot more then nightshields. As you close with the enemy the benefit goes away with the night shields but Flicker field benefits all the time.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby seahawk » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 am

I concur on the flickerfields. Nightshields never actually do anything because most weapons that will be shooting them have long ranges, and since they're carrying Wyches they're just going to be next to the guns anyway.

...unless Nightshields are not the one that reduces the incoming weapon's range, then I'm relatively wrong, haha.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby CaptKaruthors » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm

I'd be more inclined to take the Power weapon on the Wych squads instead of the venom blade. All your units have combat drugs and there are 3 rolls on that table which the Power Weapon can benefit from. I've been running my wyches like that since the 2nd week I've had the army since the Agonizers were too expensive of an upgrade for little return value. I'd definitely keep the agonizers on the Sirens though since 5 attacks on the charge is better use of the weapon.
The vet sarge says “OK, screw this!” and turns on his Powerfist again, but the guardsmen get a sudden surge of ape like strength and they bring the marine down in a hail of fists, feet, and feces.
CaptKaruthors

Postby Depayen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:51 pm

How can you get 3 rolls on the chart since now you roll once for the whole army unless you have the special character that lets you roll 1 additional time for only two rolls. Then you pick which ever drug you want out of the two.

Depayen

Postby Zero_Cool » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 pm

I believe what he is saying is that there are 3 results on the Combat Drug effects chart that are a distinct benefit to using a power weapon.

My guess would be 3, 4 and 5: +1 Str, re-roll failed "to wound" and +1 attack.
Zero_Cool

Postby CaptKaruthors » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Zero_Cool wrote:I believe what he is saying is that there are 3 results on the Combat Drug effects chart that are a distinct benefit to using a power weapon.

My guess would be 3, 4 and 5: +1 Str, re-roll failed "to wound" and +1 attack.

That is correct. +1 WS can help somewhat as well.
The vet sarge says “OK, screw this!” and turns on his Powerfist again, but the guardsmen get a sudden surge of ape like strength and they bring the marine down in a hail of fists, feet, and feces.
CaptKaruthors

Postby Depayen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry I took it the wrong way.

Depayen

Return to Army Lists (40K)