Nurgle List 1850

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Postby DragonBait » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 pm

I figured he meant the actual models to make it more fluffy. Just nurgly paint up some other daemon models. They don't have to be plaguebearers. Plus in the case you ever play a team game with nurgle daemons, your plaguebearers don't get messed up with theirs (I know too many chaos happy people)
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am

moonshadow13 wrote:um you get the lesser daemons stats in the chaos marines book and not actual plague bearers. sorry. you can use what ever daemon you like but they are still lesser daemons.

I know they don't have to be the actual plaguebearer models. That's why I'm looking for Zombies in buy, sell or trade.

Thanks
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby moonshadow13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 am

yes i miss read that comment. i have some zombies i got from some conventions but i have used several of them as chaos bits so i will see what i have left.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby RAMSEY » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Would a squad of objective sitting Plague marines be better than a squad of lesser demons?

Plague marines x7, Plasma x2, Champ w/PF

That gives me about 4 points left.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby seahawk » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:33 am

They are more useful, usually, than a squad of daemons. They both end up having the same number of attacks, but the plague marines are far more survivable and have guns and defensive grenades.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Crumpsky » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 pm

They seem a little expensive for just an objective sitter. Why not grab a squad of 5 Chaos Marines with Mark of Chaos Undivided? Just go to ground constantly. You can say they are some guys from the Black Legion that Abby brought over with him when he decided to lead a nurgle army.

If you take off the Extra Armor on the Rhinos and take a squad like I mentioned above I think you will be able to squeeze a unit of deamons into your list, giving you an extra punch somewhere on the table.
Crumpsky

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:45 am

Crumpsky wrote:They seem a little expensive for just an objective sitter. Why not grab a squad of 5 Chaos Marines with Mark of Chaos Undivided? Just go to ground constantly. You can say they are some guys from the Black Legion that Abby brought over with him when he decided to lead a nurgle army.

If you take off the Extra Armor on the Rhinos and take a squad like I mentioned above I think you will be able to squeeze a unit of deamons into your list, giving you an extra punch somewhere on the table.

I agree that they are expensive objective sitters. Since I'm sticking with the Nurgle theme having a unit with Mark of Undivided wouldn't fit in with that. I can see Abby working with Nurgle since he works with all branches of Chaos. Also would Abby bring over Black Legion guys or any other to help him out? He rocks by himself. My army isn't made up with traditional Plague Marines models.(See The Purge paint jobs in Chaos codex) This could be a band that Abby is thinking of bringing in to his army of followers.

I would think having extra armor would be almost a must. It gives them a better chance to make it across the board.

Thx for the replys too all.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Previous

Return to Army Lists (40K)