Nurgle List 1850

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Nurgle List 1850

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 am

Suggestions accepted.

275- Abby(Yea I like him and he can take a turn leading the Nurgle guys this time out)

271-Plague Marines x7 Melta, Flamer, Champ w/PF, Icon Rhino w/EA
271-Plague Marines x7 Melta, Flamer, Champ w/PF, Icon Rhino w/EA
286-Plague Marines x7 Melta, Flamer, Champ w/PF, PP, Icon Rhino w/EA

140-Vindi w/DP
140-Vindi w/DP

275-Oblits x3(Bodyguard for Abby)

At this point I have 242 left over. I was thinking about dropping Typhus into the mix but I'm not sure I would like to use the remaining points on just one model. Altho adding him to Abby's group will give me three different units to split up once they come in after rushing the rhinos up and popping smoke. Would it be worth upgrading to DP on the Rhinos?

Going with a Nurgle theme for my Chaos army I want to keep down on the long range.

Thanks.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Depayen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 am

Why not add a Greater Daemon or Lesser Daemons for that hello factor. This will give you a support and with the Greatre Daemon now your oppenant has to worry about where he going to come in plus are you going to use him to support your infantry or going tank busting.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 am

that wont work depayen as he has power fists on all his guys.

As a player of chaos marine nurgle I found some really neat ways to tweak a list. I happen to agree with you on abby as he is a nice peice, but i tend to run 2 daemon princes of tzeetch with wings, warptime, and bolt of change. As your opponent will have no choice but to deal with the 4+ invul save flying daemon princes that will knock the snot out of them.

I find them very effecting against and mech armies. Also as a added bonus i run 5 man units with 2 plasmas in rhinos. they are hard enough to kill and its fun and cost less to run them.

I also like the vindicators more and more as they are mean but their range is limited.

I ahve some special units i like to sprinkle in for fun

I know they are not very popular, but i ahve had a ton of sucess running Chaos dread naughts. All you have to do is make sure their 45 degree VISUAL arc is facing towards the enemy every round and they will work for you very well. i use the plasma cannon, heavy flammer, close combat weapon, and extra armor. They can backfire but that more of a player error thing.

My other fun thing (and you could use Abby for this) is the Slaanesh meat wagon. Its an old tactic that was used back in teh day i guess, but for me its new and alot of fun.

Otherwise you can put 5 (or 4 and add abby) terminators with lightning claws in a land raider and just bum rush them forward. I have won out alot with this unit and it adds a whole element to your list.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 pm

moonshadow13 wrote:I happen to agree with you on abby as he is a nice peice, but i tend to run 2 daemon princes of tzeetch with wings, warptime, and bolt of change.

Tzeetch? Not very Nurgly there. Abby fights for all of Chaos. I don't know if the Tzeetch DPs would.

I was thinking termi squad too but after trying them and having them fail their leadership too many times, I'm not to sure about taking them.

Thanks for the replys.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Add a greater deamon and drop a fist from a champ to A) free up points you wont use and B) Have a cheaper champ to posses. The remaining points I would work a winged DP of Nurgle in there, or, bear with me....Nurgle lord/Deamon weapon, there I said it, not the greatest choice, but fun and fluffy, and can be deadly.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

I saw that same issue with leadership on the terminators. The trick with them is keep them in the 14 armor box and pop them out when needed. Now doesn't Abby make all units he is attached to fearless? That could play to your advantage. However again i am using Slaneesh terminators for the 5 int. as abby works with all you could try to mix it up a bit.

Runing Nurgle troops its very good, but in some other cases switching over to another of chaos gods in your army can be very effective.

Again i see your going with a theme here using straight nurgle. That being said i also created a chaos nurgle lord on a demonic steed. I piece mailed a bunch of extra chaos pieces together and created a figurine spaced platforn for him to ride in. I then bought a bunch of OOP nurglings to place underneath and alond side it to carry him. Put him and a unit of regular plague marines in a land raider and you have a solid unit IE they cant shoot till you dump them out, but thats a pretty hard nut to crack when you get them where you need them.

moonshadow13

I saw that same issue with leadership on the terminators. The trick with them is keep them in the 14 armor box and pop them out when needed. Now doesn't Abby make all units he is attached to fearless? That could play to your advantage. However again i am using Slaneesh terminators for the 5 int. as abby works with all you could try to mix it up a bit.

Runing Nurgle troops its very good, but in some other cases switching over to another of chaos gods in your army can be very effective.

Again i see your going with a theme here using straight nurgle. That being said i also created a chaos nurgle lord on a demonic steed. I piece mailed a bunch of extra chaos pieces together and created a figurine spaced platforn for him to ride in. I then bought a bunch of OOP nurglings to place underneath and alond side it to carry him. Put him and a unit of regular plague marines in a land raider and you have a solid unit IE they cant shoot till you dump them out, but thats a pretty hard nut to crack when you get them where you need them.

moonshadow13

moonshadow13

Postby 00Enron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

no abby does not make the units he is with fearless. Hello psyker battle squad! :wink:
Adepticon 2008-Best Appearance
G.R.A.M.P.A member
00Enron

Postby seahawk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:17 pm

With this edition of expensive upgrades, I've never given my rhinos extra armor or daemonic possession; the latter isn't worth it because it's rare to only glance them, and the former isn't worth the exclusion of a marine or weapon upgrade.

Do you ever try to hold a home objective? If so, then a pair of plasma guns are your better bet. The plague marines are best for them too, getting the pair of saves in case of an overheat.

Otherwise it looks fine to me. I'd pack in some little daemons for a surprise attack and make better use of those three icons. Three units of 7 not only gives you three more Troops, but also leaves you with another 32 points to splurge on meltabombs and another plasma pistol for your champs in case you run them into land raiders and the guns just didn't do it (the fists never will either).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 pm

well just run a fearless unit with him. Add another plague mairine squad so you have scoring units or are you bent on the oblits? I would use the extra on a land raider and stick him and a unit of 8 plague marines with meltas or flamers as you want to assault coming out. Could be alot of fun at least as you protect the unit and you can drop the icons out of the troops as you will have your entire army fully mechanized on the field ready for battle.

I know alot of people don't do this but i suggest Daemonic Possession for all your vehicles (including rhinos). It saves me every time as i can still shoot and move while stun and shaken have no effect. it tips the scales for me everytime and is worth it in my book. Especial if someone get a stun on your land raider. you just laugh and keep driving. drop the extra armor and the icons and add DP its a way better experiance.

moonshadow13

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Norbu the Destroyer wrote: The remaining points I would work a winged DP of Nurgle in there, or, bear with me....Nurgle lord/Deamon weapon, there I said it, not the greatest choice, but fun and fluffy, and can be deadly.

I did have a Nurgle Lord w/DW in my old list and he did well. After commiting to Abby for a HQ, he just didn't hold up. I have been thinking of a Nurgle DP also with the trimmings but again I'm spending alot of points on one model.

And no Abby doen'y give his squad fearless.

moonshadow13 wrote:That being said i also created a chaos nurgle lord on a demonic steed. I piece mailed a bunch of extra chaos pieces together and created a figurine spaced platforn for him to ride in. I then bought a bunch of OOP nurglings to place underneath and alond side it to carry him. Put him and a unit of regular plague marines in a land raider and you have a solid unit IE they cant shoot till you dump them out, but thats a pretty hard nut to crack when you get them where you need them.

Useing a steed does sound interesting. After spending the points on him I won't have enough for a LR. Besides the LR is something I want to avoid because of its long range.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby moonshadow13 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 am

What i like about teh chaos landraider is its price for what it comes with normally. WHat i don't like is its limitied as i cant have a chaos land raider crusader and hold more peices. 8 terminators would be fun.

I have been working on a nurgle unit that is more shooty, but i have not made anything concrete yet. The only thing i want to do with those is drop them out and unload on someone with a ton of shots. then add in a spattering of power fists, chain fists, and lighting claws if need be.

I agreed with teh other guys though as lesser daemons are a great add in as they can assuslt when they come into play so its a drive up and summon them combo.

moonshadow13

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm liking the idea for lesser demons too. I'm not liking the cost of getting a unit of Plaguebearers.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 pm

um you get the lesser daemons stats in the chaos marines book and not actual plague bearers. sorry. you can use what ever daemon you like but they are still lesser daemons.

moonshadow13

Next

Return to Army Lists (40K)