1850 Red Corsairs

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 Red Corsairs

Postby Gobbos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Trying to get back into 40K, wanted to get some thoughts on something I'm considering. I want something fun but still competitive, and not too obnoxious.

HQ: Huron Blackheart
HQ: Summoned Greater Demon

Elites: Terminators (5)
-5x combi-plasmas
Elites: Terminators (5)
-5x combi-plasmas

Troops: CSMs (9) - Huron goes here
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Meltagun
-Rhino
Troops: CSMs (10)
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Meltagun & Flamer
-Aspiring Champ w/ Power Weapon
-Rhino
Troops: CSMs (10)
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Meltagun & Flamer
-Aspiring Champ w/ Powerfist
-Rhino
Troops: Summoned Lesser Demons (5)
Troops: Summoned Lesser Demons (5)

Heavy Support: Vindicator
Heavy Support: Vindicator
Heavy Support: Predator bristling w/ Lascannons

Plan is everything with treads starts on the table, doing what they do, Rhinos go forward, Vindicators drop plates, the Pred goes tank/big thing hunting. Terms go after anything in power armor dropping in rapid firing, Demons go get objectives, and the big D goes where needed.
Gobbos

Postby allen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 pm

I would take the two squads of three terminators with combi meltas without marks and deep strike them to take out one tank and die. After all, they are not scoring units anyway and your opponent will have two less vehicles to work with.

Take off the predator and get a mob of chaos marines and also find points to have more summoned lesser daemons as they count as a troops choice although they don't eat up any space on the chart.

If you want the summoned lesser daemon I suggest use the mino doombull for it since the profile is generic anyway.

You also could take off the rhinos and add more troops and take off the vindicators and add two units of one to two obliterators.

But that's just me...
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Return to Army Lists (40K)