1750 Blood Angels - Please help.

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1750 Blood Angels - Please help.

Postby Soren » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:14 pm

I am in the process of completing a Blood Angels army for my son. I have played 2 games of 40K about 4 years ago so I am of little help. I want the list to be as hard as nails so that he stands a chance. I have two lists.

What list do you like better and why?

What changes would you make to both?

Thank you!

Soren

LIST 1
1 Librarian (HQ) @ 100 Pts
#Psychic Hood; Shield of Sanguinius; Unleash Rage; Force Weapon; Frag; Krak; Psyker

1 Sanguinary Priest (Elites) @ 50 Pts
Bolt Pistol (x1); Close Combat Weapon (x1); Frag; Krak;
Blood Chalice

9 Terminator Squad (Elites) @ 460 Pts
Combat Squads; Power Fist (x9); Storm Bolter (x9); Cyclone Missile Ln.
(x2)
1 Terminator Sergeant @ [40] Pts
Power Weapon; Storm Bolter

3 X 4 Assault Squad (Troops) @ 165 Pts
Meltagun & CCW; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x4); Frag; Krak
1 Space Marine Sergeant
Frag; Krak
1 Razorback
#Smoke; Lascannon and TL Plasma Gun

9 Death Company (Troops) @ 215 Pts
Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frag; Krak
1 Drop Pod @ [35] Pts

3 X Predator (Heavy Support) @ 135 Pts
#Smoke Launchers; 2 Sponson Lascannon; Turret Autocannon

Models in Army: 43
Total Army Cost: 1725

LIST 2

1 Librarian (HQ) @ 140 Pts
#Psychic Hood; #Terminator Armour; The Blood Lance; Might of Heroes; Terminator Armour; Force Weapon; Storm Bolter; Combi-Melta; Psyker

1 Sanguinary Priest (Elites) @ 90 Pts
#Terminator Armour; Power Weapon; Melta Bombs; Blood Chalice

9 Terminator Squad (Elites) @ 470 Pts
Combat Squads; Chainfist (x2); Power Fist (x7); Storm Bolter (x9); Cyclone Missile Ln. (x2)
1 Terminator Sergeant

3 X 9 Assault Squad (Troops) @ 250 Pts
Meltagun & CCW (x2); Combat Squads; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x9); Frag;
Krak
1 Sergeant
Frag ; Krak ; Power Fist; Bolt Pistol
1 Rhino @ [15] Pts
#Smoke Launchers; Repair; Storm Bolter

1 Whirlwind (Heavy Support) @ 90 Pts
#Smoke Launchers; Whirlwind Multiple ML

2 X Predator (Heavy Support) @ 105 Pts
#Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blade; 2 Spons. Hvy Bolters; Turret Autocannon

Models in Army: 48
Total Army Cost: 1750
Soren

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Being a mech BA player I like both list except for a couple of tweaks. The first list needs more anti horde army, for example changing one or two of the razorbacks to assault cannons or heavy bolters and/ or dropping the death co. and changing preads to baal preadsl. As for the second list, switch out at least one squads meltas for flamers, other than that it's really just bout play testing before you actually decide on what you want.
Hopefully that helps.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Soren » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Thank you for the input.
Soren

Postby Crumpsky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Drop the termies, they are soaking up points. You could find better use with those 470 pts.

Dont change the razorbacks they are fine. Try switching 1 of those predators to a dakka pred.
Crumpsky

Postby tear of the angel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:47 pm

crumpsky you must only play against MEQ, cause only one dakka pread and horde armies would go through those list like crazy. Termies don't really fit the theme of the army but could draw attention off of other things so could really end up working out.
tear of the angel

Postby Soren » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Is a dakka predator the Ball with a flamestorm cannon?
Soren

Postby tear of the angel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 am

No he is talking about the regular pread, with autocannon, and heavy bolters, which isn't even close to being as effective as the baal pread.
tear of the angel

Postby Crumpsky » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Tear you must play in your basement in home brew tournaments because if you really think that super horde lists are the tits then I want what you're smoking.

Ill just look at one list here and give what I think, you can take my advice or not, doesnt matter.

LIST 1
1 Librarian (HQ) @ 100 Pts
#Psychic Hood; Shield of Sanguinius; Unleash Rage; Force Weapon; Frag; Krak; Psyker

I feel your psychic powers are off, with unleash rage you should have sword of sanguinius. This will better your assault capability. If you want to protect your vehicles or guys then keep shield, personally I prefer to have two powers that work with each other.

1 Sanguinary Priest (Elites) @ 50 Pts
Bolt Pistol (x1); Close Combat Weapon (x1); Frag; Krak;
Blood Chalice

You have one priest in the whole list... This could be a problem. You have most of your guys in vehicles making the FNP useless. If you are sticking him with the termies then I would suggest putting him in term armor just to keep him alive a little longer.

9 Terminator Squad (Elites) @ 460 Pts
Combat Squads; Power Fist (x9); Storm Bolter (x9); Cyclone Missile Ln.
(x2)
1 Terminator Sergeant @ [40] Pts

This is where I have the problem. Now this is a solid unit, adding the priest makes them even harder. Admittedly not as tough as Assault terminators, but they can all put a hurting on during the shooting phase. I see this unit being one of those units that takes center and holds it, it will be hard to break this unit but having them walk might make them to slow seeing as how the rest of the army is in transports.

3 X 4 Assault Squad (Troops) @ 165 Pts
Meltagun & CCW; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x4); Frag; Krak
1 Space Marine Sergeant
Frag; Krak
1 Razorback
#Smoke; Lascannon and TL Plasma Gun

This is a good choice for troops, if you can try to squeeze a infernus pistol on your sergeant. You will probably be staying in your transport until they get blown up with your razorback options but that shouldnt be a problem. You just have to remember to keep moving, since the blood angles have fast vehicles they can constantly move and shoot their weapons. BUT YOU SHOULDNT GET OUT OF YOUR TRANSPORT UNLESS ITS BLOWN OR YOU CAN EASILY KILL WHAT YOUR GOING FOR.

9 Death Company (Troops) @ 215 Pts
Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frag; Krak
1 Drop Pod @ [35] Pts

This is kind of out of place. You will have them come down the first turn but with out any equipment they really have no role to play. Are they just to disrupt your enemy? Are they going for fire support? Stick a powerfist and or a powerweapon. DC arent scary without equipment, but equip them right and they are as scary as tears advice....

3 X Predator (Heavy Support) @ 135 Pts
#Smoke Launchers; 2 Sponson Lascannon; Turret Autocannon

Now onto heavy support, you have 3 lascannons and 4 missiles being shot a turn. Is that enough to stop Mechanized forces? Probably not, is that enough to stop horde armies god no. So lets go for something that can possibly do both. Try switching all 3 preds to Dakka preds(auto cannon turret and hvy bolter sponsons) The auto cannons can take out light armor and the heavy bolters can help to. They also can soften up big units of troops. You shouldnt have to worry about AV14 because you are packing melta guns.

So with list one I feel you are getting there with making a solid list. You are using a lot of points on those termies. They need to be productive or they arent worth it.

The librarian is also something to look into. If you want unleash rage add sword of sang. If you want shield add blood lance(helps pop tough vehicles or bust up chimera parking lots).

The list looks good, but you can adjust and make it even better.
Crumpsky

Postby RAMSEY » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:13 am

Crumpsky wrote:Tear you must play in your basement in home brew tournaments because if you really think that super horde lists are the tits then I want what you're smoking.

Is this really nessesary to put this on forums were people are looking for help? How about helping without remarks like this.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby tear of the angel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Well if your are going to adepticon then maybe we can play a game thursday or friday after the championship. Crumpsky.
tear of the angel

Postby DragonBait » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Personally I'm not a fan of termies in general, but I do agree that with the priest they'll be a tougher egg to crack. I'm also very much against the typical 'dakka pred' For some reason I have a hatred of autocannons on vehicles. I know it's the only option for reg marines, but being blood angels you're much better off taking a Baal Pred with the assault cannons.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby DikSchmidt » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 am

Seeing as that's a normal librarian and can only cast once per turn I would stick with unleash rage and shield. While I prefer sword of sanguinus, shield would be a bit more forgiving. If you upgraded to an epistolary I might say otherwise... but let your kid play around with those and see what he likes- there's no modeling physic powers.

The termies I am ok with- it's a solid bunch of guys, they're not stuck chasing things around like assault termies, and they're some of the coolest marine models around.

I don't know about the death co. in a drop pod. I'd rather see them in a rhino/razor. This offers a bit more deployment control.

For the rest, ok sure, but if you're up to the modeling challenge its only the work of some magnets to turn those rhino's into razorbacks. or those dakka pred's into lascannon preds. As your boy plays he's gonna want to change things up a bit and try different things.
DikSchmidt

Return to Army Lists (40K)