Combat Patrol 400 pt army ideas

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Combat Patrol 400 pt army ideas

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 pm

As i focus on my 2 factions i currently have i was looking at setup for my very first combat partol. This type of tournament is new to me but i was looking at some ideas as to a good army setup. I know alot of you ahve played in these torurnaments before so i wanted to get some enlightenment on some armies i am creating.

Chaos army Idea:

Plague Marines (5) - with 2 plasma guns: 145 pts
Rhino - with havoc launcher, and dozer blade : 55 pts

Plague Marines (5) - with 2 plasma guns: 145 pts
Rhino - with havoc launcher, and dozer blade : 55 pts

total: 400 pts

the other option was to drop the dozer blade and havoc launcher and go with daemonic possession so i can keep my rhinos rolling and ignore stun and shaken rolls which i think will occur alot in this tournament.

This one while small has great balance. I think horde armies could be dificult, but what they lack in size they make up for in toughness :). I call this one Takes a Licking, but Keeps on Ticking

I have made like 6 diferent ones for Eldar but i have settled on 1 in peticular due to the board being small (4' x 4')

Eldar Army Idea:

Ranger (8) - all with pathfinder upgrade: 192 pts
Striking scorpions (10) - with exarch, chain sabre, stalker, shadow strike: 202 pts

total: 394 pts

I figure while this one is foot slogging it can handle any horde army and crack and mech sm or IG army (due to restictions) by the fact that i can infiltrait, snipe, and attack first with ALOT of str 4 weapon attacks. I call this one Snipe and Swipe

What do you think?[/u][/b]
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 pm

I to am struggling with a 400pt army. I've got 21 Genestealers in 2 units and 2 Hive Guard. But no Synapse means the Hive Guard might not do much. I figure all it takes is one Land Speeder Typhoon to make any chance of taking Tyranid Warriors make me cry.

I thought of 10 assault marines, 2 meltaguns, powerfist, 5 assault marines, meltagun, razorback with twin lascannon.

I also thought of taking 7 Bloodcrushers and a 5-man squad of Horrors. 7 Bloodcrushers would be something powerful in a 400pt game.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Army Lists (40K)