1850 Blood Angels Idea

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 Blood Angels Idea

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 am

So I got bummed out that there is so many Space Wolves players in the metro and they're now "that army"... kind of like what the Godzilla Nids list used to be when it came out.

I thought I could try something completely different. Would like to get your thoughts on a list built around Sanguinary Guard.

HQ: Dante
HQ: Command Squad with 3 meltaguns, 1 flamer & includes Priest

Elite: 1 Priest with jump pack (joins the jumping Sanguinary Guard)
Elite: 5 Sternguard in Pod with 2 meltaguns, 1 combi-melta and 1 combi-flamer

Troop: 5 Sanguinary Guard
Troop: 5 Scouts in camo cloaks with sniper rifles and 1 missile launcher (helps hold objectives in the backfield)

Heavy: 5 Devestators with 4 missile launchers
Heavy: 5 Devestators with 4 missile launchers

Yeah this is an "elite" list and I don't expect it to be a top tier list, but something fun and different to try. Dante & the Sternguard can reliably drop on scary big armor, and if the opponent decides to reserve, my Sanguinary Guard have the ability to take on stuff piecemeal.

I'm worried about:
- Thunderwolf squads with Wolf Lords
- Nob Bikers
- Big Ork Mobs with Power Klaws
- The flying Eldar armada
- Chaos Daemons since they have inuln saves

Thoughts?

BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby n00bzilla99 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:55 am

Brian,

I like the list, but I'm not so wary on a command squad over the sanguinor or more bodies.

I realize this is supposed to be elite but a bad couple rolls and suddenly you have ~10 guys left and there's simply no way to keep pace with armies that can super-outnumber you.

Just my thoughts.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Crumpsky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 pm

You need to add fists to those Sang Guard squads as well as 1-3 infernus pistols. Drop the command squad and get an honor guard instead, or maybe a librarian with blood lance and shield of sang.
Crumpsky

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I like your thinking Brian. Here is what I would do at 1850pts

HQ - Dante
HQ - Librarian, jump pack, blood lance, shield of sanguines

EL - 2 priests with jump packs

TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 infernus pistols, power fist
TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 infernus pistols,
TR - 5 Scouts, snipers, camo cloaks

FA - Baal with flamestorm cannon

My thinking is the army needs to reserve every game. You will destroy armor with all the melta shots on the deep strike (you scatter only 1d6 and Dante doesn't scatter at all). Next comes the battle vs. hordes and the Baal will need to help a little there. It's outflanking ability will keep Long Fangs on their toes. The Librarian is there to give you protection vs. Lash and the Bloodlance can wreck IG parking lots. Remember all the jumpies can reroll failed reserve rolls so you have a good chance to concentrate your army for the turn 2 drop.
Last edited by Generalissimo_Fred on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: 1850 Blood Angels Idea

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Cptn_Snuggles wrote:I'm worried about:
- Thunderwolf squads with Wolf Lords
- Nob Bikers
- Big Ork Mobs with Power Klaws
- The flying Eldar armada
- Chaos Daemons since they have inuln saves

Thoughts?

BC

T-Wolf Lords can be solved with the Sanguinor. You could throw him into my list for the Libby and a Guard unit. You'd have 75pts left over for not much of anything. Remember Dante will reduce the Wolf Lord abilities by 1 and he might have to get ganged up on.

Orks will need to be tackled piecemeal as you concentrate on one side of the board at a time.

Eldar will get chased down with the infernus pistols and Daemons will kill you, I've got nothing to save you from Daemons if they take the Khorne units against you except Dreadnoughts. If you want to throw in a Furioso Dread (Libby or not) that can be done.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby moonshadow13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:26 pm

what about vs plague marines and daemon princes. I have fought 3 very good blood angel armies with them and just dominate them from turn 1. I don't think i have gone past turn 4 without a masacere or at teh point where they are about to die.

Don't get me wrong i think blood angels are neat, but i have no issues taking them out with plague marines.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 am

Daemon Princes are tough in combat. This list has a problem with DP's since it is an elite army list and has no extra models to lose in the fight. The Plague Marines would be eaten by the Guard in combat. Every Sanguinary Guard has a power weapon and if they get the assault charge on the Plague Marines with a Priest nearby, they will all have str 5 power weapons. That doesn't look good on paper for the Plague Marines.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Army Lists (40K)