Keeper of Secrets vs. KuGath

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Keeper of Secrets vs. KuGath

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi, I'm toying with an 1850 list for Daemons that includes thus far:

Bloodthirster/unholy might
KuGath

5 Bloodcrushers/fury/icon/instrument
6 Fiends/unholy might

9 Plaguebearers/icon
10 Horrors/bolt/changeling
10 Horrors/bolt

2 SoulGrinder/phlegm

I deicided to take KuGath since he's always a long survivor, good in assaults (though of course slow as molasses), and has some ranged infantry killing power.

But I'm wondering if perhaps the speed and assaultiness of the Keeper of Secrets might be better for anti-armor purposes. I could get him with Pavane (giving him at least a 14" range) PLUS a unit of 5 Screamers for KuGath's points, if I take out the Changeling.

Now of course my KuGath model is way cooler looking than my old sad bull horns KoS, if that is a factor:)
Lord Krungharr

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 am

How do you figure 14" range?
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:07 am

6" movement, 6" assault, plus his Fleet roll at least 1", plus Pavane roll of at least 1" for units he can force to dance towards him.

Having the unit of Screamers that can zip around and potentially eat tanks is appealing too.
Lord Krungharr

Postby CitizenNick » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:55 am

Lord Krungharr wrote:6" movement, 6" assault, plus his Fleet roll at least 1", plus Pavane roll of at least 1" for units he can force to dance towards him.

Actually, you can't both Pavane and fleet since Pavane is a shooting attack.
CitizenNick

Postby The Black Knight » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 am

I don't think you can fleet and use pavane... pavane is a shooting attack, and in order to fleet, you run during the shooting phase, so your potential range is 13-18 (move 6, either pavane or fleet d6, assault 6). Personally, I'd also recommend making the horror units 5 person units. Typically you're using a bolt to pop vehicles open, meaning a lot of the time the rest of the unit is wasted, so by using min sized squads, you're only wasting 4 guys instead of 9. Maybe take 3 - 5 man units and give them all bolt so you're getting an extra bolt on the table.
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby seahawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

I'd advise against dropping the Changling. For a mere 5 points, he can sometimes save you from being shot by a unit...it is always a worthwhile investment to me.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Ah yes, I should've remembered that about Fleeting and no Shooting.
Also excellent point about the smaller Horror squads=more Bolts.
Thanks!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)