1850 pread spam list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 pread spam list

Postby tear of the angel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 pm

HQ-
CAPTAIN W/ POWER WEAPON, INFERNUS PISTOL

ELTS-
2 PRIEST W/ POWER WEAPONS

TRPS-
5 ASSAULT MARINES W/ POWER WEAPON, MELTA GUN
RAZORBACK W/ TWL PLASMA GUN, LASCANNON

FST-
BAAL PREAD W/ ASSAULT CANNON, HEAVYBOLTERS, STORM BOLTER

HVY-
PREAD W/ AUTOCANNON, LASCANNO SPONSONS

The only changes i really would make would be to drop the captain and priest and add in two librarians with the shield and unleash rage powers
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 pm

You don't need the priests and captain. I would make the change to 2 librarians so you can get 2 shields of sanguines off to cover your vehicles. The 2 Librarians would also help you against a Jetseer list in a KP mission. That's the toughest matchup I can think of and you need some protection against it.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Crumpsky » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:13 pm

You dont Need Priests

You need a librarian

Power weapons on your troops make me laugh.. you aren't going to assault with them.

Get an infernus pistol in those assault squads.

If you paid points for the storm bolters on the baals take them off, and use them for HKM if you can.

Or you can scrap the lascannon turrets and storm bolters and get another assualt squad or 2.
Crumpsky

Postby tear of the angel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Actually I find that you will have to assault at some point with this list, so the priest work just fine. I should drop the stormbolters to bump two of the sergeants power weapons up to power fist. I'm definetly going to change out the captain for librarians though, thanks for the input.

General if you dont mind me asking what is a jetseer list?
tear of the angel

Postby Crumpsky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 pm

The way you built your list it seems that you want to shoot alot, and it shows because you have a lot of shooting. The priests just look out of place in this list as well as powerfists (if you add them). The fist will most likely be dead before it get a chance to hit in combat. With 5 man las/plas razorbacks you want to stay in that ride till its gone or you need to take an objective.
Crumpsky

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 am

test playing against chaos marines, vulkan droppod list with master of the forge, tyranids, and other marines the fist help alot, and the priest with the furious charge allow me to go first most of the time, which allows me to save some of my models.
tear of the angel

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:58 am

tear of the angel wrote:test playing against chaos marines, vulkan droppod list with master of the forge, tyranids, and other marines the fist help alot, and the priest with the furious charge allow me to go first most of the time, which allows me to save some of my models.

So how did the list do against those armies?
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby tear of the angel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

It tabled every army but the vulkan list and tyranids, I beat the bugs 2 objectives to none, and got tabled by the vulkan list due to some bad roling this was at 2000 pts\
First turn: he brought in two ironclad dreads, and 3 dreads with multimeltas, due to poor placement one dread couldnt shoot he fired with the other 4 melta guns all pinned but i made every cover save. My turn I swhot and blew up one ironclad one regular dread, 2 droppods, and an arm off of the other iron clad, missed with my infernus pistol on the captain so i assauleted with a his power fist squad, a priest was in the 6" range so the fist became str9,
he instant killed my captain, but I removed the other arm and got a crew shaken result, lost by one cause of the 3 wounds my captain had ld 8 no problem except I rolled double 6's, basically it went down hill from there.
tear of the angel

Return to Army Lists (40K)