1850 Flesh Tearers

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 Flesh Tearers

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Here is the 1850pt version of my new Flesh Tearers army. I'm posting it now so you guys have plenty of time to playtest against it before the next AWC series event. :wink:

HQ - Mephiston This guy is in here just to chase down Chubs Mephiston, though mine is the actual model so I'll win every time. I replace Mephiston with Gabriel Seth to make the list 1750pts

EL - Furioso Dreadnought WS 6 and str 10 = yes please, though I'm toying with making him a DC dread so I have str 10 attacks at initiative 5!

TR - 9 Death Company, 1 fist, 1 pw, Land Raider transport w/ extra armor The DC model is what drew me to the codex in the first place so I have to have them in here. I figure it's easier to control them inside a LR then jump packing into the enemy from the get go

TR - DC Dread w/ blood talons This guy is scary good, on paper. He might not always be able to get that good, but at 125pts he also doesn't break the bank in points. I can afford to have him die and not lose much power. I think when the new Stormraven model out though I will need to get it so the DC dread can have a ride into combat. Right now he's charging out turn 1 with rage and I'll have to make some tough choices about him. Another possibility is to get him a Drop Pod which I'm thinking about also

TR - 10 Assault marines, 2 meltaguns, t-hammer I have to have these guys in a BA codex list right? I mean they aren't my usual flavor and I picked up 10 regular guys with missile/flamer in rhino just in case I have to revert back to my old tactics, but I'll give them a shot first.

TR - 5 assault marines, meltagun, twin-lascannon razorback

TR - 5 assault marines, meltagun, twin-lascannon razorback

Seriously it's like old home week when I put these guys in. This is more in line with my marine tastes of the last 4+ years. I need something to try and crack open armor at range and take some wounds of the MC's before the rest of my army dies in combat. The more I look at these guys the more I wonder why I have jump pack marines at all. I oh so prefer the sit back and shoot approach.

FA - Baal w/ flamestorm cannons and heavy flamer sides This was another reason to take a BA codex army. This tank alone will cause most people to reserve everything if I go first.

HV - Vindicator w/ siege shield Another unique tank is the 12" moving and firing vindicator. An assault cannon Baal will do more damage, but there was nothing else that could take the heat off the DC Land Raider for a few turns.

I've got a few units/points to play with. I've got a 10-man tac squad with Rhino, an all autocannon dreadnought, Gabriel Seth, and a drop pod. I have some points to play with as I can switch weapons on the DC and t-hammer sarge. The extra armor and siege shield can go away or change to get more points. It doesn't look like a lot of bodies, especially scoring units, but the armor and Mephiston should keep the enemy seriously occupied or get tabled.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby seahawk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I dunno, 20 guys that are more prone or geared toward face-punching instead of objective holding, in that size game, doesn't seem to favor either your game style or winning at all (objectives at least). I know it's Blood Angels, but you just may want that tactical squad instead of assault squad. Space marine troop choices, even Blood Angels ones, aren't necessarily meant for killing power. They are stable campers that let the rest of the army table your opponent.

On the other hand, being able to simply drop on an objective that a rhino would not so easily reach is appealing too. Slap a priest on 'em for FNP and they'll hold it.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah they need a priest. I agree with that. I don't have a model for one, everyone else will have one. I guess if I don't want a priest I should take the Tac Squad instead. The biggest plus for the assault squad, besides fluff, is the 2 meltaguns that can jump up in front of an enemy LR and try to destroy it. I'm not sure if it's worth it though. I'm sure I should change the DC dread for a Rifleman dread and give the Furioso a drop pod. Hmmmmmm..... Ah screw it. I'm Flesh Tearers and I'm going to beat on people, until I lose and make those changes. :lol:
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 pm

You may want to switch the talons and the fists on the two dreds. Talons on a DC dred can be lead astray with rage possibly to a harmless target. The furioso has a bit more control for the talons to hit a specific target. The fists will hurt no matter what gets charged.

Just a thought.

I also like Seth, you may want to switch him out anyway and get 100 pnts. Mephiston is pretty good and definately can be fine.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:20 am

I understand about the DC dread forced to move and charge due to rage. Giving him a Pod might help because if he drops into the lines on turn one, there won't be much time to organize your forces to get him to charge something he doesn't like. I think the safest place for him would be in a Stormraven. That way I could control his opening charge. I plan on getting a Stormraven when they come out this winter (my hypothesis).

The reason I initially gave the DC dread the Talons is because it has an extra attack over the Furioso. 5 attacks on the charge for the DC dread and 4 for the Furioso. This give the DC dread a better chance to run through a unit with the talons. The DC dread also comes with furious charge standard and he would be STR 7 on the charge would would give him a better chance to get through T6 units.

I totally understand the drawback of rage and I know I'm going to hate the DC dread forced to move out of my lines on turn 1. I'm either going to have to switch the weapons like Norbu says or I'm going to have to grin and bear it until the Sormraven model comes out. I've got some more thinking to do with this list. You know I could make both dreads Furioso dreads and have no problems with rage at all.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby tear of the angel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Have you thought bout putting both dreads in pods, and bumping the furioso upto a libraian with the shield and blood lance powers. You bring them down together shoot the blood lance then throw up the shield on your oppents turn giveing both dreads a 5+ cover save against any shooting attacks. otherwise i like your list. I also prefer twl plasmagun and lascannon combo on razorbacks more than i like the twl lascannon.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Return to Army Lists (40K)