ALL GREY KNIGHTS

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

ALL GREY KNIGHTS

Postby tear of the angel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Wanted some feedback on what should or shouldnt be taken. Also am I missing where it says the troops can take rhinos cause it doesent give them the option.

HQ-
GRAND MASTER W/ SACRED INCENSE, UNGUENTS OF WARDING 165 PTS
5 TERMIS W/ PSYCANNON 255 PTS
TRPS-
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
5 GREY KNIGHTS W/ PSYCANNON 150 PTS
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
FST-
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
6 GREY KNIGHTS W/ 2 INCINERATORS 170 PTS
JUSTICAR 50 PTS
6 GREY KNIGHTS W/ 2 INCINERATORS 170 PTS
HVY-
DREAD W/ TWL LASCANNON, BLESSED, EXTRA ARMOUR 145 PTS
DREAD W/ TWL LASCANNON, BLESSED, EXTRA ARMOUR 145 PTS
TOTAL- 1850 PTS
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby Kuma » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:59 pm

how did you misspell both armies' names?
Kuma

Postby tear of the angel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Really tired and frustrated
tear of the angel

Postby Crumpsky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Squads of 6 on all Knights

Drop the Grand Master to a Bro. Cap

Remove Extra Armor on Dreads also remove blessed

My personal opinion dont deep strike GK with Incinerators, they arent that reliable
Crumpsky

Postby tear of the angel » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Why dont you like the grandmaster, and the Extra armour, and blessed on the dreads.
tear of the angel

Postby Crumpsky » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:57 pm

First off Extra Armor and Blessed are waste of points, they can be used elsewhere. As you probably know the GK are expensive for pretty much nothing, they still die to bolter fire.

If you take the points you spend on those stupid upgrades along with the wasted points for the GM you can get more bodies. Something the GK lack. And the bro cap will do fine, the GM is a stupid waste of points and even with only one wound the Bro Cap is a better choice. All you do is hide him behind a retinue of GKT and he will be fine for a while.
Crumpsky

Postby theblessing8386 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 pm

I agree and disagree with the last guy.

GK termies are a waist of points. they will just get las gunned to death.

the GK grandmaster is NOT a waist. STR 6 force weapon is good no matter what anyone says but you need just put him in a unit of reg dudes with MAYBE holocost and nothing else.

Agreed that all those nice upgrades on the dreads are a waist. Just make them lascannon and missile launcher and call it a day... hell take 3.

The deep striking squads are really unreliable. Take just one squad with like 3 flamers instead of the two.. then get more dreads.

the main thing with grey knights is massed bolter fire and dreads for tanks. I like a assassin in there too as the vin can destroy enemies days.
theblessing8386

Postby Crumpsky » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:47 pm

theblessing....... The grand master is a waste of points, and you are goofy as all hell for actually taking a psychic power with GK, can you ask for a bigger waste of points. With all the anti psy powers around you wont get it off.

Second, if you take a bro cap and a retinue that is way better than a GM. You get the same stuff but 2 less wounds on the Bro Cap who like the Grand Master is just a big punk. GKT are quite possibly one of the best assault troops in the game so I dont know why you say they aren't good.

However to make GKT work you need a nice fatty land raider to zoom them around in or else like theblessing said, they will get raped from shooting.
Crumpsky

Postby theblessing8386 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 pm

don't resort to personal insults sir lol.

ANd yeah, I still stand on what I said.
theblessing8386

Postby tear of the angel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 am

Actually was planning on teleporting the GM and termis in with the two regular squads. Chris U have never liked terminator in any list. The GM is more expensive but I Like the extra stat line.

chris as for adding the assassin, its not possible in an all GK list, due to no inquistor.
tear of the angel

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 pm

I have looked into this codex many a time and read through the builds. I do love your all grey knights units and the grand master despite its cost is invaluable.

However i am no expert on these and i just look at what i would do for building one of these. I happen to agree with the land raiders though. You roll them up and you unleash death upon your foes on your terms. I like blessed hull and thats saying alot from a eldar player as it really hurts when shooting with bright lances.

If it was me revamping this list i would have teh HQ and his retinue in a landraider. Followed by 3 troops in landraiders. Max out your units and best you can with more numbers. If there is anything left add something fast

Everytime i play against these if you teleport in i will wipe the floor with you as i have rerolls to be save and i run with conceal so even though you ahve pyscannons i will still get a cover save X2, but if you roll in with the landraiders i find myself hard pressed and usually i lose due to the fact that those grey knights are tough as hell to fight in CC.

Which is why i suggest the Landraiders. YOu move up pop out shoot and charge. 90% of teh time you will always pull out the win on that manuver. GK are just too good in CC.

So thats my opinion as a eldar player vs the GK
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby theblessing8386 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 pm

You have to remember that it has been four years sense you have played me Jimmy boy. If Virgina I basically lived at my local game store and played around 5 games a day while you were piddling around in Mississippi. Thus my tactics have changed ha ha. I have 25 loyalist termies and 10 chaos. I think that shows that I like them enough now! I know you would need to take a inquisitor but you have to remember that they grey knights almost only go off what they tell them to so one in the list would be fluffy.

If you are going to take therm please god don't deep strike them as all that's going to do is get them murdered. They're just like assault termies. If they don't have a LR or a LRC that they will die... sadly that's the truth.

Anyways, there are sadly only like two ways to use grey kights. Massed bolter fire with shooty dreads or storm trooper mini max with grey knights. that is of course my option f what I have seen at tournies so take it or leave it.
theblessing8386

Return to Army Lists (40K)